WH Smith rip-off

Carpet right and united carpets do the same, carpet @ 23.99 sq mt now today and when you buy our "gold" underlay @ 7.99 a metre you only pay 5.99 sq mt.
Absolute rip off and shouldn't be allowed. I have same carpet at 5.99 and the same underlay at 3.99, all year round
How the fuck do people fall for that shit?

Luckily my customers know better.

Prestwich_Blue said:
I needed a new refill for a good ballpoint and WH Smith had a "Buy one, get one half-price" offer. Their price was £4.99, meaning £7.50 for two.

Fortunately I checked the Pen Shop, who were selling the same thing full-price for £3.25, meaning i could get two at full price, for £1 less than Smith's "special offer". I feel a letter of complaint coming on.
Thats unbelievable pb,have you thought of complaining or maybe staging a dirty protest in the magazine section?

I pop in W.H. Smiths quite often,but don't know why anyone would buy from there when it's much cheaper on the net.

scowy68 said:
I pop in W.H. Smiths quite often,but don't know why anyone would buy from there when it's much cheaper on the net.

its the con i dont like, if they just flash up the price properly people will still buy from there because its just easier.

scowy68 said:

I do buy books online but you can't pick it up and have a browse unless you are in a book shop. There is something very nice about doing this.

choose a book,start reading it in the queue,good chance you will finish it before you reach the tills.WHS the slowest check-outs on the high street.

Re: Re: WH Smith rip-off

BimboBob said:
daveduke67 said:
bluealf said:
deserves a lol
Thanks - I'm wasted on here y'know. People pay good money for stuff like that but I give it away for nowt on here - and do they thank me - do they fuck. Too busy with their my pen is bigger than yours posts

But it IS bigger than yours.

But is it mightier?

daveduke67 said:
BimboBob said:
daveduke67 said:
Thanks - I'm wasted on here y'know. People pay good money for stuff like that but I give it away for nowt on here - and do they thank me - do they fuck. Too busy with their my pen is bigger than yours posts

But it IS bigger than yours.

But is it mightier?

It climbed Kilimanjaro in 1984 unaided.

exileindevon said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I needed a new refill for a good ballpoint and WH Smith had a "Buy one, get one half-price" offer. Their price was £4.99, meaning £7.50 for two.

Fortunately I checked the Pen Shop, who were selling the same thing full-price for £3.25, meaning i could get two at full price, for £1 less than Smith's "special offer". I feel a letter of complaint coming on.
Thats unbelievable pb,have you thought of complaining or maybe staging a dirty protest in the magazine section?
I would do the latter but I can't reach the top shelf.

LongsightM13 said:
BimboBob said:
denislawsbackheel said:
books?
printed on paper?

In the internet society they are electronic!
And free if you know what you're doing.

I have Kindle on my phone. Hate it. My wife is trying to persuade me to have a proper Kindle for Christmas. I am resisting due to my love of proper books. I like the smell of a new book. I like the fact that i own it in hardback and it looks good on a shelf when i've finished it. I like proper book shops. You can spend hours in them.
Amen brother bob. Kindle is for semi-literates who think they're playing a high-brow version of Pacman.

How the fuck do you come to that conclusion?
You can get pretty much any book you want on Kindle.
You read them like you would a paperback.
How,exactly,does this render me a semi-literate game player?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.