WHAT A WASTE OF TALENT

masterwig said:
He should play tomorrow.

He's twice the player Tevez is.

tomorrow he should play for de jong, de jong has been amazing but he isn't being dropped for his performances, simply because we don't need him in this type of game, tomorrow we need creativity, we need stephen ireland.

If Stevie doesn't play tommorrow i will be very very pissed off.

1961_vintage said:
Post like this do absolutely fuck all for our chances of achieving anything.

In the course of a successful season - ie actually winning something - different players will be involved and have differering levels of contribution at different times.

Ireland - like the rest of the squad - knows that when he's on the field he has to deliver and not, as has been the case sometimes, make you wonder whteher he was there.

You should listen to Hughes - patience. Beacuse Ireland can and will have a say on how this season turns out.

I'm sorry, because I've just had a go at you in another thread (although it was only in response to you having a go at me first)!, so this may seem like an orchestrated campaign on my behalf! I can assure you its not - I just think you're talking bollocks again!

I've never been on the Hughes Out bandwagon (I've always stood up for him, as I honestly believe he's the man for the job).

As far as I can see, Hughes took Stevie out of the team after 3 or 4 games because his contribution had been largely ineffective. I had to agree with him at that point because with Barry & De Jong in the middle, we were on a good run.

However, having drawn our last 4 league games, and coming up against a side tomorrow that are renowned for their poor away form, I'm at a bit of a loss to understand how you think that starting without Ireland's attacking threat would be necessary!

Please enlighten us all, seeing as you seem to think of yourself as having the ear of the manager?

Every week the OPer starts a thread attacking Hughes... every week its the same points from a differnet angle.

One player doesn't make a team, Ireland was shite before he was dropped and whilst my personal opinion is he is an absolute starter for us is a 433 formation, i'm not so sure my spectator credentials qualify my above our managements pro liscences and domestic and international experience.

If Ireland has to be patient then so be it; he's not exactly the first to be dropped this season, perhaps it'll do him good long term.

Freestyler said:
masterwig said:
He should play tomorrow.

He's twice the player Tevez is.

tomorrow he should play for de jong, de jong has been amazing but he isn't being dropped for his performances, simply because we don't need him in this type of game, tomorrow we need creativity, we need stephen ireland.

A lot of people have said this, and i don't get where they're coming from: Chelsea don't drop Essien, Liverpool don't drop Mascherano, Arsenal never used to drop Viera, Madrid never used to drop Makalele... and the list goes on...

Putting, what could be: Bellamy/Adebayor/Tevez/SWP/Ireland in the same side is hardly a balanced line up leaving Barry and a gelling back four to take on Burnley (or any sides) midfield and strikerforce...

I think its a bit like "Keegan thinking": "We'll score one more than you"... i'd play Ireland and De Jong, its not a case of one or the other imo.

GStar said:
Freestyler said:

A lot of people have said this, and i don't get where they're coming from: Chelsea don't drop Essien, Liverpool don't drop Mascherano, Arsenal never used to drop Viera, Madrid never used to drop Makalele... and the list goes on...

Putting, what could be: Bellamy/Adebayor/Tevez/SWP/Ireland in the same side is hardly a balanced line up leaving Barry and a gelling back four to take on Burnley (or any sides) midfield and strikerforce...

I think its a bit like "Keegan thinking": "We'll score one more than you"... i'd play Ireland and De Jong, its not a case of one or the other imo.

Please see my last post in the "Attitudes Changing" thread!

Thank God you're here!!!

Shooter 83 said:
mcfcblue said:
we are fourth though!

Drawing the last 4 games he has gone to 4-4-2, had Ireland played in all them in the usual 4-5-1/4-3-3 we would have won 2 of them atleast, im sure of it. He changed the game at Villa when he came on. It's taking the piss what he's doing to Stevie atm just so he can fit in Tevez. I think he'll be stubborn again with this shit formation against the weakest away team in the league knowing we'll have a great chance to win anyway, he'll think it's working.. but it's not.

Speculation is all well and good but it's anyones quess what would have happened with Steve in the team, we might have even lost. You also forgot to mention that apart from coming as a sub against Villa he hasn't done much this season. Now this might be Hughe's fault, or not. All I know is that good players don't make excuses and if Ireland is given a chance he must perform or accept the bench and so far he hasnt and that's why he has been benched a few games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.