What are the worst parts of Manchester?

Bigg Bigg Blue said:
Oldham without a doubt.
Try to talk sense to a Biffo and see how far you get.

Bit broad surely? There are plenty of areas in Oldham that are awful, but plently that aren't worthy of being called the worst part of Manchester.

flipmode said:
jordinho09 said:
Newton Heath, home of the rag's founders and it is a shithole. Sadly I share a border with it and Failsworth gets a bad name due to NH.

You share a border with NH and Failsworth? Where the fuck are you then? Did they whack a place inbetween near Brookdale Park? lol

I live in "NH" and find it can be quite rough at times. The general place has gone down a lot since it became a multicultural place of living and that's not me being racist. I just find the place has become a lot more hostile with different races mixing which has only inflamed the trouble that was already there. Luckily though, I'm in the affluent part of NH, near Clayton Bridge (have that!). I wouldn't live near Briscoe Lane or Ten Acres Lane if someone paid me to. Shockingly bad round those places!

I work in Salford too, so my journey takes in the shithole parts of Newton Heath, Miles Platting, Ancoats and Ordsall! And I'm still alive! ;)

That's where I live. You can split NH in half. One half is a right shit hole and the half I live in is OK (thankfully) far from the worst areas in Manchester.

sjsctid said:
Bigg Bigg Blue said:
Oldham without a doubt.

Bit broad surely? There are plenty of areas in Oldham that are awful, but plently that aren't worthy of being called the worst part of Manchester.
Oldham isn't even Manchester - it's like saying Southport's in Blackpool.

gary111 said:
People who are saying wythenshawe must not of been recently, the place has cleaned up quite abit. I spend most of my time in benchill even though im from whp, and have never had any problems when ive walked home at daft times.

Worst place - Partington, never gonna step foot there again, going once was bad enough
Why Partington?

Extract taken from

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/category/worst-places-to-live-in-north-west-england/greater-manchester/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/category/wor ... anchester/</a>

Gorton Is Not The Worst I Have Live Here All My Life

It Got Better Over The Years When You Tell Someone Your From Gorton They Back Away From You And Say “SORRY ” Like It A Bad Thing Well It Not I Like Liveing Here

It What Part Of Goron You Live If You Keep To Yourself Then Your Fine

But I Wish People Posh People Stop Going On About It Like They Do

There Are Worst Place To Live Them Here

So Get Over It

——
Admin: I’ve published this article, so our regular readers can play ‘spot the full stop’. I wonder if there is a Firefox plugin that can automatically capitalise the first letter of each word for you as you type?

Anyone fancy a pint in the gorton mount ?

thought not

When your gorton born and bred there is no such thing as a no go area, without doubt though gorton is by far and away the worst part of manchester a hole with nothing in it

I used to work on the ambulances in town and I always dreaded a call to Longsight.

My grandad used to work on the railways there and he regalled me with a few stories of it kicking off in Longsight.

sjsctid said:
Bigg Bigg Blue said:
Oldham without a doubt.

Depends if we are talking about Manchester or Greater Manchester

paint it blue said:
the worst of wythenshawe is now gone for me - averly circle , minsterly parade , even benchill isn't too bad these days. same could be said of some notorious areas - ladywell in salford , bridge hall & spath lane in stockport to name a few. for me currently it's;

1 - ordsall
2 - longsight
3 - cheetham hill (top end)
4 - eccles - patricroft
5 - weaste
6 - adswood
7 - lancashire hill
7 - anywhere in oldham
8 - lower broughton
9 - gorsey bank / swythamley
10 - racecourse estate - sale

no apologies , i've lived in a few of these places over time , if your honest you'll agree - shitholes.

You must be jokin? Spath Lane isn't/has never been rough!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.