What are we expecting from Pep's first season?

A Plan B?

It would be nice to watch a team that knows how to not only dominate teams with possession, but have different ideas on how to break them down when they put everyone behind the ball.

It seems to me that we seek to simply "impose" our way of playing on the game, but when it hasn't had any results after 60 minutes, we seem to have no idea what else to do. Yes, when we have Navas on the bench, we have often brought him on to good effect because Zaba, Navas and Silva have often made something happen down that side. However, we are so direly predictable that we were just held to a scoreless draw by Norwich...a team that had not been involved in one for 14 months until we came along.

The biggest thing now it is to not only fight for the Top 4, but even more importantly, Top 3, so we don't have to play a banana skin qualification round right after the Euros! The next two games will determine what the rest of the season looks like. Taking care of business midweek makes this a spectacular Europeean season. Winning next weekend keeps. Us right in the mix and probably removes one of the potential opponents for that Top 4 position. After that, normal results and scent results against the two big Lahndan clubs assures us of our decreasing goals.

There are still a few stories to be yet written about this season, and I'm hoping they are not all bad!

I am afraid this three years with Pep maybe about getting back that winning mentality and tactics we used to have three years ago. This is different as to where we thought we would be. If the rumours are true that we are looking beyond the three years for a new coach that is very interesting. Maybe this is where the youth players will have come through and maybe a return for Paddy V and it will be him and not Pep that will take us to the promised land.

If everything remains the same and the strength of competition next year is as weak as this season we will win the league in a canter.

Spurs and Arsenal in reality are doing no better than previous season it's just the likes of Us and Chelsea are in a race to the bottom at the minute.

Next year there will be a huge spike in fitness levels, tactical nous and the 'best squad in the league' will be correctly utilised and any imbalances addressed.

Pep won't need a year or two the side will start to evolve instantly and become stronger over the course of the season. The biggest threat is a lack of preseason.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it's something I'm expecting, simply because there's no guarantee it will happen, but I'd love to see City going to some of the trickier away grounds and playing with a swagger and confidence and actually getting a result.

Pretty much my entire life we have gone to places like Anfield, Stamford Bridge and Highbury/The Emirates and been beaten before a ball is kicked.

To convincingly win the Premier League by a margin of more than 5 points.

To get to the Semi Finals of the Champion's League.

To win either domestic cup.

The thing is I don't even think any of that is unreasonable and I would be more surprised if Pep failed to achieve those goals. Don't listen to the media trying to downplay his achievements, this guy leaves nothing to chance and if he stays with us for 3 seasons we will definitely win 7 or so trophies if you include Charity Shields.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.