What are we expecting from Pep's first season?

To convincingly win the Premier League by a margin of more than 5 points.

To get to the Semi Finals of the Champion's League.

To win either domestic cup.

The thing is I don't even think any of that is unreasonable and I would be more surprised if Pep failed to achieve those goals. Don't listen to the media trying to downplay his achievements, this guy leaves nothing to chance and if he stays with us for 3 seasons we will definitely win 7 or so trophies if you include Charity Shields.

Are you expecting that in the first season? I think they are more realistic target for the second season. I have serious reservations about the commitment of this group of players. In addition to the fact that some of them aren't good enough or don't suit his style of play!

I don't doubt his ability as a manager, I think he's the best in the world. But I also think it will take him two summers to sort the squad out. He's not taking over a similar level of players to the ones he took over at barca and bayern

Intensity and focus. We play like we're still on the training pitch right now.
This. About as far as my expectations go for next year! I'm excited Pep is coming but I think it will take more time for his methods to be effective in our squad such is the state of the current one. It needs sorting out. I just want progression in terms of the way we play rather than multiple trophies immediately as I think that is unrealistic

Are you expecting that in the first season? I think they are more realistic target for the second season. I have serious reservations about the commitment of this group of players. In addition to the fact that some of them aren't good enough or don't suit his style of play!

I don't doubt his ability as a manager, I think he's the best in the world. But I also think it will take him two summers to sort the squad out. He's not taking over a similar level of players to the ones he took over at barca and bayern
Think people underestimate just how bad Barca were when he took over and he changed the mentality of the squad in weeks, not years. Their squad was even worse than ours attitude wise. Ronaldinho used to party hard and skip training, the morale was shit and Pep's youth team Twatted the first team in a behind doors game.

I can promise anyone know with more certainty than I've ever had about anything City related, we will dominate.

We should be walking the league this year and that is just an objective fact.

I can't wait for the next 3 years.

Chelsea and liverpool Will fight for the title.......
Pep with this squad will maybe make 6th spot. .
With six pep players he will get 3rd place in his first year,,,,,,,

He will have the players well drilled and focused, get in the program if you want to play for City, shape up or ship out. I can barely wait for Pep's arrival and it will be fascinating to see which players are up to Pep's exacting standards and which are not.

Think people underestimate just how bad Barca were when he took over and he changed the mentality of the squad in weeks, not years. Their squad was even worse than ours attitude wise. Ronaldinho used to party hard and skip training, the morale was shit and Pep's youth team Twatted the first team in a behind doors game.

I can promise anyone know with more certainty than I've ever had about anything City related, we will dominate.

We should be walking the league this year and that is just an objective fact.

I can't wait for the next 3 years.

That's a good point you make about the barca team he took over. I thought we should have walked the league this year but I suppose in hindsight we haven't had a good enough manager. I hope you're right!

A bit of effort and consistency. Obviously hate losing but that's part of the game but some of our performances this season make it even harder to swallow.

I'm not expecting anything.

We're fucked from the season go.

Pep will say this and be banned/Vilified for it.

Pelligrini has just made it such a boring scenario now to what is meant to be a world class appointment! And something to look forward to! The players just can't even break a sorry Norwich side down now and may miss out on top 4 been a nightmare couple of months! Other than the cup final
Mcfc!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.