What are your expectations for the next 3 seasons...

Aston Villa is a monumental rebuilding job - we aren't.

If Pellers has been as crap as people claim, and Pep as good, then the target next year has to be the league and perhaps one cup and then to win the CL in one of the 3 years he is here.
I think this will be a huge test for Guardiola,bigger than he ever thought. We have a serious attitude problem in our squad that is there for all to see. Not only that but it is an ageing squad with no depth whatsoever if we are missing one of our 4/5 best players. Pep is without doubt a great manager but instant success will not happen,it will take 2 years to get his squad the way he wants it. Top 4 next season and a decent run in the Champions league(if we qualify),which just shows how utterly rubbish this season has been.

If Pellers has been as crap as people claim, and Pep as good, then the target next year has to be the league and perhaps one cup and then to win the CL in one of the 3 years he is here.
And there you have it. People who call Pellegrini a c*nt will be content if Pep the messiah wins nothing but plays some passionate football. Yeah of course.

Just kidding UG - I'm not a local lad so can't relate to the tram issues.

With you on the thread issues - can't wait for a purge of about 75% of all of them :)

I'm local, yes the trams after the match are completely inadequate, too few, too small.

If he gets the players he wants, at least 5 in my mind, then given where the competition currently is I expect success from the off.
When does he start? 1st June? When does window open?

Players that look like they give 100% every game. A league title, a cup and CL qualification.

I'm not sure we can "realistically" lay claim to any cup competitions because anything can happen. The fact that we reached the semi-finals of the Champions' League while Barcelona and Juventus didn't goes some way to proving that. But aside from winning two league titles we should just be looking to play better football. We've taken an age to get the ball out of the back ever since Mancini's days really, hopefully signing players who are more confident in possession will sort that out. We also need to sign fitter players. We're the most unfit squad in the league and our performance against Madrid definitely went some way too proving that. We don't constantly press off the ball, we get undone by sides who are willing to do that to us. But most of all, we need to start having a halfway decent record in big games again. We just don't turn up in big games anymore, aside from PSG and the cup final. Two wins in big games all season, no wins against any team in the top eight all season, heavy defeats against good sides. It's just embarrassing really.

I would be delighted if we 1) took in swinging corners 2) had a plan from throw-ins.

Villa is a monumental job to get back into the prem. We are a monumental job to get back to competing for the title given the age and abilitly in our squad, coupled with rivals inevitably improving theirs.
We may have to go backwards - but by the end of season one we'll see a vast improvement and something to get excited about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.