What are your unpopular opinions on City that you believe 100%?

City will be at a crossroads in the summer - the contract situation for Bernardo, Sterling and maybe Mahrez could see them all exit. Equally, the ages of KDB, Fernandinho, Walker and Gundogan may see them pass their peak. If we don't get things right this summer then we could go through a relative period of decline in the not-too-distant future.

Of course you have an opinion. I wasn’t being childish though. You profess to know more than the manager at the time and have better judgement than he did or is your opinion all founded on hindsight?
I choose to trust his decisions. Most of them he gets right. Occasionally he gets them wrong. I certainly wouldn’t call him out when he does though. Media are lined up to do that.
Not hindsight mate, said it before, during and after the game. Yep, most decisions he gets 100% right. That one he got horribly wrong. Let's face it, NOBODY would have predicted that team.

Not hindsight mate, said it before, during and after the game. Yep, most decisions he gets 100% right. That one he got horribly wrong. Let's face it, NOBODY would have predicted that team.
Ok mate. We have different opinions. We lost that game by fine margins and I just cannot join the 'he screwed up big time'. I have watched the game back a few times, most recently a couple of days ago after our last conversation. Gundo does play as a DM so those that say we played without a DM are just wrong. Was he flawless? No, he wasn't but Rodri was not tearing up trees at the time either and Fern didn't change the pattern of the game when he came on.

First goal was always going to give a massive advantage and they got it through a beautifully executed break from the back. Play all down the left, Mendy spreads it very wide and from there its two or three touches and a goal. Difficult to stop. Eddie was eddie and challenged on the edge of the penalty area, both CB's were sucked right and could not influence the runner from the left. Zinch was simply outpaced by him. The move simply by passed where our DM could reasonably expect to be.
My general impression was that we played at least 10% down as a team, with one or two players having pretty poor games. Chelsea played as well as they can and Kante and James were exceptionally good.
Nevertheless If we had scored early doors from the two or three chances we had we would have the cup in our cabinet now. I absolutely respect your and others right to think that we lost it because he selected Gundo instead of Rodri or Fern though. I just don't agree.

The Sheikh banner in the ground is arse clenchingly embarrassing.

It's a disgrace how the ground empties on 80 minutes every match regardless of the score.

Sterling has been consistently one of our very best players since he was signed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.