What are your unpopular opinions on City that you believe 100%?

- Our board don’t care about improving the issues with the atmosphere or empty seats, just getting the £ in, regardless of if the seat is filled.
- We used to be a lot more creative as fans with songs, especially in the latter Maine Road days. We’ve been using the same ones for 5+ years now despite having players who’ve repeatedly made history at the club. If that was United/Liverpool individual players would have their own songs featuring said historic moments, we are much better with this away but they don’t catch on at home.
- Yes our fanbase at home is sanguine and can be dull, but so is every other PL club in my experience for the most part as an away day goer, unless it’s the ‘big 6’ as we are a huge game in their seasons now like when they come to our place. (Liverpool still vastly overrated) We get it in the neck unfairly in this regard.
- Our atmosphere for big night games is fantastic, see Liverpool Jan 2019, Barca 2016, Hamburg 2009 & Chelsea/United 2012 as clear examples. Aston Villa 2014 another.
- Our away support is up there with the best in the country & improving season on season.
- The media hit job on our Club has had adverse effects on our reputation & we have been far too soft in combating it from the beginning, our kill then with kindness policy has totally failed.
- The exterior of the Etihad needs a total redo.
Not sure many of those are close to unpopular....in fact some I think most would agree with ;)

You should be a BT commentator pal. They do a nice line in that too.
I haven’t even said whether I blame the team selection or not. I merely said that if the aim was, as you claim, “to disrupt the squad’s comfort zone”, the final wasn’t the game to do it.

You posted something that has been questioned and have then childishly suggested I work for BT Sport and another poster replace Pep as manager. Fucking wind your neck in.

We need to win a Champions League to be considered one of the all-time great European teams.

Similar theme to the other thread but relevant nonetheless.

1) Of the current EDS side, only Cole Palmer has a chance (a good one) of staying and being part of a city squad....Delap, Lavia,McAtee and the rest will get nowhere near that level.
2) The only 2 left backs currently better than Zin are Cancelo, and a Scottish bloke (who is a twat) who plays on Mersyside.
3) Our next manager needs to be from current coaching staff, or ex under Pep ie Arteta, but not necessarily him...or we will have an after GPC/Wenger scenario.
4) Haaland, if he signs, will be a major disappointment.
5) 99.9% of players mentioned in 'players who would improve us' in the transfer forum....wouldn't improve us in a million years.
6)Gareth Taylor is blackmailing a senior person at City.....can be the only reason he's still at the club.
7)Our fans slagging off, of our own players is the worst you will find of any club.....it sometimes amazes me that we have ever won a trophy.

Opted to go with a question rather than an opinion. Based on what you’ve seen so far this season, would you have preferred to keep Ferran but miss out on bringing in Grealish? Both seem to be struggling and I have a feeling Grealish will reach new levels with us next season. But Ferran looked a great fit before injury while on international duty. Would we have been better off keeping him?

We won't win the champions League for a long time, not under pep, will continue to be a monkey on the club's back.

Jack grealish is an abysmal signing and the club lost the plot parting with 100mill. He will be in the paper many more times for his drinking antics before he's done with us.

Samir nasri was and will always be an absolute shithouse.

As a fan base we have become entitled, weak and paranoid.

The whole world is against us and there is a conspiracy to derail us.

The same applies to all winners and particularly serial winners in all walks of life, always has done and always will do.

Georgie Kinkladze, probably the most natural gifted player ever to wear sky blue, a player who had the ability to be as good as Messi, Ronaldo, Maradona or Pele but in reality was a lazy arsehole who thought the occasional moment of brilliance was enough and the rest of the time he could walk around the pitch as if the world owed him a favour. And a player outside of Manchester no-one knows.

Last edited:
Mark Hughes was without any doubt whatsoever the worst manager in our history and yes I'm including Alan Ball, Stuart Pearce and Phil Neale in that number.
But to be fair he did have the worlds greatest and most qualified coaching staff the world has ever seen and they were Welsh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.