What are your unpopular opinions on City that you believe 100%?

In terms of getting the crowd going, creating a heated atmosphere, and looking fearsome when going forward ... the best colour for a football shirt is red, and the worst is pale blue.

Can't believe I've said that but I do believe it's true.
You know there is psychological arguments that agree with you right?
It’s long been held that if you want to be victorious your uniform should be red.

On the bright side some blue has recently been found to prevent suicide (at least in the area the color is found) which I’m sure helped a few of our fans back in the day.
That’s why you sometimes see blue lightbulbs near train tracks btw

The City board take Pep for granted and use him as an excuse to walk away from prime targets without getting near valuation too often. If this continues post Pep we will really start to suffer without a genius to bail us out.

city's attacking players are struggling to varying degrees this season, the lack of a striker is taking a toll.

Pep wanted £100m Grealish, he could have used that or the Ake - another extravagant squad filler - money for a striker. The club has back him in an unprecedented way; Mancini got Scott Sinclair, Rodwell and Javi Garcia when he won the league

Pep wanted £100m Grealish, he could have used that or the Ake - another extravagant squad filler - money for a striker. The club has back him in an unprecedented way; Mancini got Scott Sinclair, Rodwell and Javi Garcia when he won the league
Club missed out on their no 1 target for at least 4 windows in a row. They get squeamish at big deals with no release clause.

oh thought of another one. the 18/19 197 point team was better than the 21/22 false 9 side. The point differential over the two seasons of each is going to be 20 points or more. the centurion side is superior for me, yet a lot of people say our current team is better.

Peps a thousand times the manager Mancini is and his fan boys trying to dig him out are making themselves look stupid.
Hopefully winning the CL this year will see them fuck off somewhere else and post their shite.

I idolised Bobby Manc and defended him to the hilt on here when he got pelters but there’s some serious revisionist opinions on him here.

Last edited:
Agreed, otherwise we might be alongside Sunderland desperate to get back into the big time. I believe that was arguably the single most important goal of the clubs history.
Without question. I remember the crowds that year when were relegated, there was a sense of defiance. we could have done a Leeds or Sheff Wed and been in the wilderness for years but thr promotion and how it happened gave us great momentum.
We were very much a ‘fanatical’ fan base back then. The big games were fantastic atmosphere wise. Huge away followings, I look back on it fondly.
I suppose a lot of it is getting older but football doesn’t mean near as much to me these days. I can still admire the great show we see most weeks, even though a part of me still harks back to Andy Morrison and The Goat!

Without question. I remember the crowds that year when were relegated, there was a sense of defiance. we could have done a Leeds or Sheff Wed and been in the wilderness for years but thr promotion and how it happened gave us great momentum.
We were very much a ‘fanatical’ fan base back then. The big games were fantastic atmosphere wise. Huge away followings, I look back on it fondly.
I suppose a lot of it is getting older but football doesn’t mean near as much to me these days. I can still admire the great show we see most weeks, even though a part of me still harks back to Andy Morrison and The Goat!
Spot on. That time playing under Royale was magical. Personally I always felt we could have done with an extra season, in what's now the championship, before bouncing back all the way to the premier League. Back to back promotions was a great achievement but Royale then had players he bought to get us out of the third tier trying to keep us in the premier League two years later. The likes of Dickov and Morrison were never going to be up to it.

Spot on. That time playing under Royale was magical. Personally I always felt we could have done with an extra season, in what's now the championship, before bouncing back all the way to the premier League. Back to back promotions was a great achievement but Royale then had players he bought to get us out of the third tier trying to keep us in the premier League two years later. The likes of Dickov and Morrison were never going to be up to it.
I used to love my Friday nights in there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.