What are your unpopular opinions on City that you believe 100%?

What about all the times is hasn’t been proven? Like all the finals we’ve won since he arrived? They not count?
This idea that Pep isn’t capable of winning the CL is silly.
Mayor West mentioned "top teams in one-off games" and we've not met many in finals. - League Cup - A poor Arsenal side, Chelsea on penalties, a struggling Villa side we'd beat 6-1 a few weeks earlier and Spurs who had one shot on target.
FA Cup - Watford.
However we have failed against Lyon (CL), Chelsea (FAC & CL) and Arsenal (FAC twice) in one-off games in the latter stages of cup competitions.

Mayor West mentioned "top teams in one-off games" and we've not met many in finals. - League Cup - A poor Arsenal side, Chelsea on penalties, a struggling Villa side we'd beat 6-1 a few weeks earlier and Spurs who had one shot on target.
FA Cup - Watford.
However we have failed against Lyon (CL), Chelsea (FAC & CL) and Arsenal (FAC twice) in one-off games in the latter stages of cup competitions.
It’s a valid post but I won’t be getting behind the ‘Pep will never win us the CL’ narrative that others are pushing.

Club missed out on their no 1 target for at least 4 windows in a row. They get squeamish at big deals with no release clause.

What no.1 targets did we miss out on, without signing top players for the positions needed?

Striker last year is the only I could argue.

We should have said to the officials that our players were in no fit state to play the game, and asked for a bye. They wouldn’t have given it to us and would have thrown us out, but it would have shone a light on the assault against our players and would have forced the people who run the game to address the Liverpool fans obsession with extreme violence at European games.
These murderers got away with extreme violence for years and because of the games governing bodies refusal to acknowledge it, tonight and every night, 39 Italian mothers go to bed without their sons.
To any scum reading this - we know you love a gander at our forum you sad bastards - yes, I AM calling you murderers.
Murderers. Murderers. Murderers.

Wish I could like this post twice.

It’s a valid post but I won’t be getting behind the ‘Pep will never win us the CL’ narrative that others are pushing.
I also think that narrative is a bit over the top, but it worries me that the "top teams" teams we have lost to in big games have often been well behind us in the league, or well down their own leagues; Lyon in the CL and Leipzig before Christmas.
I have to admit I'm more bothered about the Premier League but CL defeats are feeling worse as we are now often favourites for the bloody thing.

We haven't been playing well since the start of the year and have kept a viel over it with some good results against dross, but unless we change it and sort ourselves out we're winning fuck all this season and will have to endure the scouse vermin lording it over us.

The atmosphere at the Etihad is sh*t, 100% true, 100% drives me insane, 100% I have no idea what would improve it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.