What are your unpopular opinions on City that you believe 100%?

Having noticed the thread on denis law, I cannot abide him. I'm Manchester born and bred and never in my 51 years have I heard this person say a thing about the club he spent 2 spells at.

When we were shit, which was most of my life, fair enough he's never likely to to enthuse over us. But the last 10 years, what's been stopping him? Cat got yer tongue?

Plenty of ex rags have become blues, some like Goater and Tevez helped us to win trophies. Shaun is one of our most enthusiastic advocates in the media. This guy, not so much. I've no idea what Busby was like but many on here spoke of his warm friendship with Joe Mercer.

This one seems of the GPC variety.
It’s not like he’s someone who’s particularly active in the media. There are many players who spent most of their careers at City who I’ve never heard a word from about our current team.

He played 602 games in his career and only 79 of those (13%) were for City. He played more games for Huddersfield (91… 15%) than he ever did for us. He played 404 games (67%) for United. If he’s not United through-and-through there’s something wrong.

One of his son’s is a Blue though. Met him a few times, big City fan!

It’s not like he’s someone who’s particularly active in the media. There are many players who spent most of their careers at City who I’ve never heard a word from about our current team.

He played 602 games in his career and only 79 of those (13%) were for City. He played more games for Huddersfield (91… 15%) than he ever did for us. He played 404 games (67%) for United. If he’s not United through-and-through there’s something wrong.

One of his son’s is a Blue though. Met him a few times, big City fan!
He played over 100 games for City, that was always a fact when a lot of people needed to be reminded he played for us.

The Denis Law bar in the Kippax had mixed opinions. it was probably just to wind up United fans.

Can you pinpoint what it is about our "team/ system" that brings out the best in him?

On the surface, this is a Paul Merson level take but I am actually interested to read the reasoning behind it.
I think you saw it a lot with the Ferguson era over the road. Players would look fantastic but then end up struggling at Middlesbrough or somewhere later in there career.

With our team it's not so much about the players as the system. Pep creates a system of play which gets us up the pitch and this system is what helps the players improve. Its what makes the team tick.

I think if you put Phil into another team he wouldnt stand out like he does with us. I actually think he's below a Mahrez or Silva anyway.
Some players are such a level above that if you took them and put them into a lesser team then they would clearly stand out for all the right reasons.

He played over 100 games for City, that was always a fact when a lot of people needed to be reminded he played for us.

The Denis Law bar in the Kippax had mixed opinions. it was probably just to wind up United fans.
Law played:
309 league games and 95 cup games (404) for United
81 league games and 10 cup games (91) for Hudds
68 league games and 11 cup games (79) for City
27 league games and 1 cup game (28) for Torino
In a 602 game club career, with 55 caps for Scotland taking him to 657 games in his career.

Law played:
309 league games and 95 cup games (404) for United
81 league games and 10 cup games (91) for Hudds
68 league games and 11 cup games (79) for City
27 league games and 1 cup game (28) for Torino
In a 602 game club career, with 55 caps for Scotland taking him to 657 games in his career.

My memory of his stats is either fucked or added his goals.

I think you saw it a lot with the Ferguson era over the road. Players would look fantastic but then end up struggling at Middlesbrough or somewhere later in there career.

With our team it's not so much about the players as the system. Pep creates a system of play which gets us up the pitch and this system is what helps the players improve. Its what makes the team tick.

I think if you put Phil into another team he wouldnt stand out like he does with us. I actually think he's below a Mahrez or Silva anyway.
Some players are such a level above that if you took them and put them into a lesser team then they would clearly stand out for all the right reasons.
giphy.webp

I appreciate the desire to post unpopular opinions in this thread and you shouldn't be attacked for it but Punk needed to come out there. Though I will say myself that I've had concerns over his mentality, his talent is not something that I've ever worried about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.