What are your unpopular opinions on City that you believe 100%?

He was past his best and didn't make many saves, if we're being honest... but he had an aura about him, had a winning mentality, organised/ shouted at people, etc.

You could see why he had been a legend over the road (will now wash my mouth out with soap & water).
Yes he still had a presence but as a keeper he couldn’t save much. It wasn’t his fault - he was basically 40 after all - but it was ignored because he was who he was.

I’d bow to the judgement of Alex Ferguson, Bobby Robson, and Paul Gascogne amongst a plethora of others on this. All of whom have described Lakey as a generational talent who would but for injury have been a mainstay of the England team for years. How many times did Edgehill get picked for his country?
Same number as Lake. However he came back from injury so there were no post death type tributes to a mainly Div 2 player.

Here's mine, Valeri Bojinov would scored have scored a lot of goals for us under Sven had he not got Injured against United & then under Hughes had he not re injured himself before the Villa game at the start of the following season, he'd have been a proper number 9
His goalscoring record both before and after City suggests that this isn’t true.

Kolarov is the best free kick taker that we’ve ever had.

De Bruyne doesn’t score anything like the number of free kicks that his ability suggests he should.

Joe Corrigan, my all-time City hero, made it far too easy for Ricky Villa. If he stays on his line, Villa has a lot more to do.

It still hurts!

Having noticed the thread on denis law, I cannot abide him. I'm Manchester born and bred and never in my 51 years have I heard this person say a thing about the club he spent 2 spells at.

When we were shit, which was most of my life, fair enough he's never likely to to enthuse over us. But the last 10 years, what's been stopping him? Cat got yer tongue?

Plenty of ex rags have become blues, some like Goater and Tevez helped us to win trophies. Shaun is one of our most enthusiastic advocates in the media. This guy, not so much. I've no idea what Busby was like but many on here spoke of his warm friendship with Joe Mercer.

This one seems of the GPC variety.
This is not fair. Denis was a commentator on Radio 2/5 for many years, and was always generous to City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.