What areas in Greater Manchester are blue?

Why Always Ste said:
Lived in Gtr Manchester all my life.
Seen more red shirts walking about in Bangkok.

Does it even matter where people are, as we move around so quickly.

Many blues I've met in the Bury area I've found have actually moved from different parts of the north west and into Bury.

People born in Chester, move to Bury, work in Preston, family from Wales, off spring living in California...

Society is different to say how it was in the 1940s when the first thing my Grandfather did when he came back from Navy service?
Straight to Maine Road.

Rags are currently in hibernation right now anyway... not seen any, plenty of blues though :-)
yes you are right mate when i first started going out to manchester city centre in the mid 80s they were about 200 people living in the centre ,but now there is 20,000 and rising, and is the centre blue or red nobody knows for sure, on my street in ashton a newcastle fan next door the other side a man utd fan male married to a liverpool fan, west brom season ticket holder afew door away the rest are amixture of blues and reds, but there are about 20 houses where i dont know who the occupants support or even like football. so for people to say there towns are blue or red must be geniuses like that character out of the rain man movie

BlueAnorak said:
stony said:
Tony Adcock said:
Heywood is deffo Blue

It isn't mate. There a loads of blues in Heywood but rags outnumber them about 2 or 3 to 1.

Surely you mean us?

Don't give a fuck to be honest - I certainly don't give a shit about the rags - all I care about in football is City.
I'm pretty sure De niro feels the same way if the yawned at this thread.

No I meant them "Heywood blues" because I'm no longer in Heywood.

I can't say I'm arsed myself.

There was always a couple of coaches going to City from Heywood. I can't remember seeing any going to the rags, but the pubs were full of them.

Levenshulme used to be blue, but it's now...........

I can't, otherwise I would be accused of being..........., which I'm not.

Let's just say there's a large percentage of plastic fans from all over the World in Levenshulme now. Especially from Romania and Eastern Europe. ;-)

Plus, what constitutes being either a Blue or a Red ? There's loads of plastic rags round here who never go but most of the Blues are match going. I suspect if the question is simply of allegiance vs match going fans then the demographic changes.

m7mcfc said:
M7 Lower Broughton, Salford is blue ;)

2mdh0yq.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-derby-map-men-survey-687267" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... vey-687267</a>

Where the hell do they get all the blues in Wigan on that map? It is wall to wall with plastic pie-eating rags.

Typical rag I have met in my new job. Lad from Oldham. Yesterday we chatted:

Me - 'City bought such and such..'
Him - 'Football goes right over my head'
Me - 'So you don't support anyone then?'
Him - 'Yeah, United. Only know a couple of players though.'
Me - 'I thought you weren't into football?'
Him - ''Im not really, just follow United if the'yre playing'

Today, again brought out the 'football goes over my head' comment.

Absolute ****.

dronefromsector7g said:
Typical rag I have met in my new job. Lad from Oldham. Yesterday we chatted:

Me - 'City bought such and such..'
Him - 'Football goes right over my head'
Me - 'So you don't support anyone then?'
Him - 'Yeah, United. Only know a couple of players though.'
Me - 'I thought you weren't into football?'
Him - ''Im not really, just follow United if the'yre playing'

Today, again brought out the 'football goes over my head' comment.

Absolute ****.

I had a similar conversation with a rag in Heywood a couple of years ago. I'd gone back to see an old mate and he had inexplicably started supporting the rags after being a childhood Liverpool fan.
After taking the piss for a while the lad who was with him chipped in, another rag. When pressed about a few things he admitted that he wasn't that much of a fan, he just liked watching them in Europe.
They still buy the shirts and the dvds though.

davymcfc said:
Sale is mainly red although the racecourse seems to be blue.

Sale does have a lot of red's but most of them aren't passionate, and could probably count on 1 hand the games they've been to in the last 10 year's, I could walk it in 40 mins so something isn't right with them. Yes racecourse split, but Sale Moor definitely blue!

I went to school in the Stockport area in the mid/late 1960's in the Bell/Lee/Summerbee era, and out of my class of thirty, two were red, twenty seven blue, and one lad supported Altrincham......IIRC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.