What areas in Greater Manchester are blue?

In my experience from knowing/meeting people from these places or living in/going to these places over the years, the following areas are Blue or have a considerable amount of Blues who go to the games:
Wythenshawe
Timperley
Didsbury
Gorton
Miles Platting

Last weekend i was out in the Fort in Cheetham Hill and didn't see a red top - saw several blue tops there though.

Up until recently all i would have seen there are rag tops - slowly the blues are coming out of the closet

Wythenshawe - more blue than red.

Urmston - more red than blue

Sale - about 50/50

If our successful stint continues for a few more years I think we will see a lot more blues around Manchester than reds. I think the difference in fanbases though, is our Hardcore (who go to 90% of games are all from Manchester - and mainly working class) Whereas because United's system goes off a ballot you get the cockney reds getting a bigger percentage.

I don't mind united fans that actually support them cause they are their local club, and not because they are glory hunters!

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I always thought the general rue of thumb was the southern and eastern parts of the Manchester were mainly City, whereas the western and northern areas had a higher proportion of united fans.

This

Re: What areas in Greater Manchester are, iyo, blue?

Kippaxman said:
Ducado said:
Kippaxman said:
Urmston's not blue, I have Sky but wandered down to the local Cons club last minute to watch the match, have a few pints etc. Didn't even have the big screen down. Put the match on & sat there on my jack till an old lady joined me, thrilling :( Its rammed when utd are on. I'll have to try a Labour club out.

Plenty of blues in Urmston and increasing all the time, however traditionally it's been a United dominated town

The Alker has drastically improved TBH, good crowd in there nowadays on away matches and the Church is on the up but once parked up in the Cons club couldn't be arsed moving & I had a bird I was tryin to pull LOL. The Roebuck doesn't show any matches at the minute but I boycotted them the other year when they turned an away City match off at half time to put a utd home match on

ive lived in urmston all my life and it is definitely a much bigger red area, however its getting better for blues. we normally go in the Moss Vale and a few more going in now. The Stretford & Urmston OSC are now based at Urmston Social Club and showing all matches on a new HD screen :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.