What book are you reading now / or recommend?

stony said:
Ammy said:
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. Beautifully written, I am really enjoying it

I really hope no one is juvenile enough to point out that it's a book about a bird, written by a Tarrt.
Ffs Stony!!!

A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson.

Extremely disappointed in the Kindle edition as it was almost 10 years out of date and almost all of the book was now wrong. Ended up skipping most of it. In cosmology terms, being 10 years out of date with his answers is akin to writing in the Stone Age

Damocles said:
A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson.

Extremely disappointed in the Kindle edition as it was almost 10 years out of date and almost all of the book was now wrong. Ended up skipping most of it. In cosmology terms, being 10 years out of date with his answers is akin to writing in the Stone Age

Strangely enough, my son-in-law is currently reading this too.

Having seen the tv series years ago I have just finished Band of Brothers.

Very disappointed. Loved the tv dramatisation but thought the book was very poorly written and is one if the few I have read where I wanted to give up half way through.

I was recommended the book by a friend who enjoyed the writing style, and I'm sure the 2014 edition is very good. Unfortunately the 2004 edition was the Kindle one and claimed that Pluto was a planet, the Universe might come to a Big Crunch and that we don't know the topology of the Universe all of which is incorrect and all of which came in the first couple of chapters.

Sort of skimmed through it after that. The one thing that science books have to be above all else is accurate or it is a waste of time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.