What book are you reading now / or recommend?

willipp said:
stony said:
willipp said:
'Rage of a Demon King' which is part of the Serpent War series from Raymond Feist. Its good, easy reading and doesn't take to much thought which I like. Would definitely recommend Feist and the Magician trilogy to anyone interested in the fantasy genre.

I bought Magicians End for the kindle back in January but I haven't read it yet. Its the end of the series and although there is a significant drop in quality with the later books, its still means one of my favourite series of books has come to an end.

P.S don't read the Krondor books, they are a bit poo.

Ive not read much of him for a few years and really enjoying this set of books. The magician trilogy is still probably my favourite set of books ive ever read.

Have you read 'The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant' ? I read them years ago and loved the. For me the only fantasy series that's come close to Magician.

I haven't, but its on my list. The Riftwar is my favourite serious too, utterly brilliant. You might want to try the Empire series. Its set at the same time as the Riftwar but on the Tsurani homeworld of Kelewan and ties in nicely with Magician.

Read three City related books on holiday

David Conn book on how City are rich and money rules football

Uwe Rosler autobiography

Rick Holden autobiography, with his book I got the impression there is a lot more he could have told us abouit what he and other players got up to during their careers. Sounds a right piss head.

stony said:
willipp said:
stony said:
I bought Magicians End for the kindle back in January but I haven't read it yet. Its the end of the series and although there is a significant drop in quality with the later books, its still means one of my favourite series of books has come to an end.

P.S don't read the Krondor books, they are a bit poo.

Ive not read much of him for a few years and really enjoying this set of books. The magician trilogy is still probably my favourite set of books ive ever read.

Have you read 'The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant' ? I read them years ago and loved the. For me the only fantasy series that's come close to Magician.

I haven't, but its on my list. The Riftwar is my favourite serious too, utterly brilliant. You might want to try the Empire series. Its set at the same time as the Riftwar but on the Tsurani homeworld of Kelewan and ties in nicely with Magician.

If you like the fantasy genre and enjoyed Feist, you may want to try Robin Hobb and Patrick Rothfuss, who are both fantastic writers!

schtipps said:
stony said:
willipp said:

If you like the fantasy genre and enjoyed Feist, you may want to try Robin Hobb and Patrick Rothfuss, who are both fantastic writers!

I've read most of Hobbs, and particularly like the assassin series Not heard of Rothfuss though, I shall google them forthwith.

New American novel called California is brilliant. Halfway through it and it is an amazing first novel. Post-Apocalyptic novel. Not as dark as McCarthy's The Road but close to its quality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.