What book are you reading now / or recommend?

As we're heading towards Halloween there may be a few of you looking to pick up a ghost story and I can recommend Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill which I finally got around to reading recently. For those that don't know, Joe Hill is one of Stephen King's sons but chose to use the pen name so as to avoid inevitible comparisons with his father and for his work to stand up on its own. I'd read his Locke & Key comic book series (also very good) but this is the first of his novels I've read. Won't be the last.

Also got around to reading Patriot Games by Tom Clancy which is one of the Jack Ryan series of books that I'd not read (although seen the movie obviously). Ripped through it in a couple of days despite its size.

The Humans by Matt Haig. Almost finished and have enjoyed it thoroughly. Very humourous.

All round genius, Max Woosnam biography, look him up on Wiki, you will not believe what this fella did, and he played for City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.