What book have you just read?

LongsightM13 said:
Aha, one of the all too rare book threads, and the usual suspect are assembled.
Just finishing Get Real, the last book ever written by my favourite author of all time, Donald Westlake. It's part of his Dortmunder series about a gang of thieves in New York who plan elaborate, brilliant heists that always go tits up. Superb and very, very funny, the whole series is recommended. The classic Robert Redford crime caper The Hot Rock was one of them.
Next up is The Sisters Brothers by Patrick DeWitt, a western about the bizarre adventures of two hired gun siblings in the old west. Everyone I know who has read it is absolutely raving about it. Lost out on the Booker prize to some ponce.
Will be getting Lakey's book for Christmas.

Saw this in Waterstones but opted out. Let us know if it's any good mate.

I've finished Lake's book. It's very good.

Also just finished The Last Templer by Raymond Khoury.

Am reading Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and am finding hard going. Before that I re read the Thomas Harris Hannibal series.

Recently read the 'Riftwar Saga' Brilliant, was recommended on here. Getting short of books and hoping to get a kindle soon.

Next purchase is

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever: "Lord Foul's Bane", "Illearth War" and "Power That Preserves"

Currently reading 20,000 leagues under the sea. Not enjoying it if I'm honest but will finish it regardless.

speccybob 8 said:
Recently read the 'Riftwar Saga' Brilliant, was recommended on here. Getting short of books and hoping to get a kindle soon.

Next purchase is

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever: "Lord Foul's Bane", "Illearth War" and "Power That Preserves"

Currently reading 20,000 leagues under the sea. Not enjoying it if I'm honest but will finish it regardless.

Some of the best fantasy reading out there.

Tried to download Chariots of the Gods, Erich von Daniken, on my kindle. Read it 15 years ago and love it. Amazon UK do not have permission to release it in the UK for download?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.