What city/town do you hate the most?

Wales can provide some candidates - Rhyl (full of Scousers who have passed a special Obnoxious Scouser test to qualify for residence.) Holyhead (Bacup with a harbour.) Merthyr Tydfil (makes Radcliffe look like Beverley Hills.)

Liverpool centre is quite OK tbh, but some of the hinterlands - fuck me. Bootle could give pre-reunification East Berlin a run for its money.

Nottingham has some singularly weird people in it.

Stoke, yeah, shit tip. But I did use to visit quite often at one time and found some of the locals to be surprisingly affable.

Bolton and Rochdale - both fallen badly in the last 30 years. Although both have some nice bits.

(EDIT) How did I forget fucking Grimsby? Mega shithole that stinks of fish. Harpurhey if moved to the sea and enlarged, would be a cut above it.
Merthyr Tydfil gave rise to a great football story.
In 1987 they won the Welsh cup, qualifying for the European Cup winners Cup.
They were drawn against Atalanta. Their ground need improvement so a fund was launched and a mixture of professionals and local volunteers did the job including a new temporary stand. Merthyr won the home leg 2–1.
For the away tie they took John Charles to act as translator and general helper with Italian customs etc.
The team, led by Charles, visited a local restaurant. As they entered the woman behind the bar went bonkers calling out “It’s Giovanni, It’s Giovanni.”
Her husband came out from the back to greet Giovanni, as Charles was known in Italy, like the hero he was. The rest of the party were astonished to discover just how big Charles was in Italy, as the locals flooded in to see him.
Atalanta won the second leg 2–0 and went through 3–2 on aggregate, a great effort by Merthyr.
Near the end of his life, Charles was voted Juve’s greatest ever import by their fans.

Last edited:
Aberdeen. For many reasons. Breaks my heart my nieces were born there.

I know it's a cliché, but Coventry. (Get sent to Coventry etc)
This is no slight on the people there.

It's just i once ended up there picking something up.
Within minutes, my mood went dark and i suddenly felt depressed.
The part i was in was like something out of middle Russia. All concrete and grey. The entire part i saw was like a town out of the fifties. It was an absolute dump. Even the people looked depressed.
I'm not a snob and come from Gorton, so have no grounds to judge other places. But this place did it for me.

Getting back to the motorway, my mood lifted and i suddenly felt happier again.
I vowed never to got back unless i absolutely have to!

Everyone I spoke to was ripped off in bars in Tirana, Albania. Not one place would sell us the cheaper local beers on the menu and then they started upping the prices. We were guests in their country yet treated appallingly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.