What city/town do you hate the most?

I know it's a cliché, but Coventry. (Get sent to Coventry etc)
This is no slight on the people there.

It's just i once ended up there picking something up.
Within minutes, my mood went dark and i suddenly felt depressed.
The part i was in was like something out of middle Russia. All concrete and grey. The entire part i saw was like a town out of the fifties. It was an absolute dump. Even the people looked depressed.
I'm not a snob and come from Gorton, so have no grounds to judge other places. But this place did it for me.

Getting back to the motorway, my mood lifted and i suddenly felt happier again.
I vowed never to got back unless i absolutely have to!

It's very drab.

Probably. I've only been to Paris on business and never done the outirst bit but my daughters went a year or two back and loved it. Truly major cities are often a mixed bag.
Love my art galleries so Paris is a brilliant city for me.
London as well.

Reactions: OB1
Got to agree that Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Coventry, Dudley and Walsall aren't great.
However, bits of the Black Country are really nice. Some of it is quite rural and scenic between the big towns, and some of the best pubs serving fantastic beer are located here.
Anywhere selling beers from the Holdens and Bathams breweries are generally fantastic, and the locals are pretty down to earth and sociable too.
Black country is ok, with friendly & funny people, also ace for battered chips & those pork, stuffing & gravy sandwiches.
I work in Birmingham and live in Halesowen during the week, lots of worse places.....fucking Merthyr back home for one.

City centre, Albert Docks ….
I would contend that the 'City centre', which now more or less spans an area from Albert Dock/The Baltic Triangle to right up past the Katherine Street/Anglican Cathedral area, and then all the way West across from there past the Philharmonic and University and then down the hill through Lime Street and the Walker Art Gallery and on down Dale Street (including Mathew Street) to the Liver Buildings, is probably the liveliest in the whole country. Enormous sums of money have been spent on the place and I'm not aware of any other city centre in Britain (Edinburgh's the only place I can think of that even remotely compares) that can boast a similar number of bars, restaurants and music venues.
All in complete contrast to the rest of the city itself of course, which, barring small enclaves like Woolton and Crosby, remains a total and utter dump.....

Last edited:
Liverpool city centre is indeed fine. It attracts huge numbers of people at weekends and bars usually seem very busy. I’ll shop there often enough without a problem. It’s easy to get around and has all the shops you’d need.

Personally liked Coventry when I was there in December. Fun pub staff very friendly and helpful when I ate and I used a traditional looking pub for beer which was also fine. Easy train journey to their stadium (I went with a Swansea supporting friend) and it was loud.

Middlesbrough.
Absolute shit hole.
I used to rattle a girl from there .
She was great fun.
But visiting her family up there wow .
Also scunthorpe that's the roughest place I've ever been to.
We built an aldi up there.
Went for a pint after 5 minutes we were told to leave the pub or we would be shot

I would contend that the 'City centre', which now more or less spans an area spanning from Albert Dock/The Baltic Triangle to right up past the Katherine Street/Anglican Cathedral area, and then all the way West across from there past the Philharmonic and University and then down the hill through Lime Street and the Walker Art Gallery and on down Dale Street (including Mathew Street) to the Liver Buildings, is probably the liveliest in the whole country. Enormous sums of money have been spent on the place and I'm not aware of any other city centre in Britain (Edinburgh's the only place I can think of that even remotely compares) that can boast a similar number of bars, restaurants and music venues.
All in complete contrast to the rest of the city itself of course, which, barring small enclaves like Woolton and Crosby, remains a total and utter dump.....
the problem is its full of scousers and you can put rats in a mansion and theyll still be rats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.