What City's success means to you?

bluepeter62 said:
jimharri said:
I think you'll find they're on about our trophyless years, not how long they've been going!

What the question is asking is what will success mean to you. I have never seen success from since supporting City (apart from the play offs). So that is why I said how long I have been supporting them. Don't think there is anything wrong with that.
True.

i am 22 and have been going watching city with my dad since i was 3 years old. I used to love waking up on a saturday morning, putting my city top on, going to the game with my dad, and standing on the terraces of the old kippax or north stand (cant remember which one) My dad is one of the most passionate men about football that i know. Last season me, my dad, my bro and 2 of my dads friends went to the schalke away game in germany. My dad said one of the most brilliant things to me, "i just want to see city win something with you boys in my lifetime" (hes only 46)it made me cry and i have a tear in my eye now writing this! So, the answer to your question, what would it mean, i would do anything, and i truly mean anything to see city win a major honour and nothing more would make me feel more happier if my dad was stood next to me as we lifted the trophy, dont do it for me city, do it for my dad. CTID

rickmcfc said:
i am 22 and have been going watching city with my dad since i was 3 years old. I used to love waking up on a saturday morning, putting my city top on, going to the game with my dad, and standing on the terraces of the old kippax or north stand (cant remember which one) My dad is one of the most passionate men about football that i know. Last season me, my dad, my bro and 2 of my dads friends went to the schalke away game in germany. My dad said one of the most brilliant things to me, "i just want to see city win something with you boys in my lifetime" (hes only 46)it made me cry and i have a tear in my eye now writing this! So, the answer to your question, what would it mean, i would do anything, and i truly mean anything to see city win a major honour and nothing more would make me feel more happier if my dad was stood next to me as we lifted the trophy, dont do it for me city, do it for my dad. CTID

Im with you there bud.

There's almost a disconnection between the generations caused by the drought.

Soon to end though.

fbloke said:
rickmcfc said:

Im with you there bud.

There's almost a disconnection between the generations caused by the drought.
i dont think theres a disconnection, more together than ever before, but where as i have put up with 22 years of crap, my dads put up with 40+ years, like i say, he deserves it more than me and nothing will make me happier than for city to win something for my dad more than anyone!

Soon to end though.

Had a mate msg me and admit to having plans to visit his dads grave as soon as we win something.

His dad died when he was 8.

These things run deep dont they

That’s a good Question
Well as a City Fan since 1968 and first of all living in Dublin Ireland. Man U. Arsenal, and liver Pool fans have for most of my life surrounded me. And for the past few years a new batch of Chelsea fans have come out of the woodwork.
But I have remained one voice in the wind for over 40 years. There have been ups and downs even going down further than any city fan believed would be possible.
But I guess that’s what set the City Fan above the rest. I even manage to get over for the odd match a few times a year money permitting.
My most prized possession is the programme from the league cup final when we beat Newcastle with some of the team’s autographs on it.
City was never a bad team and always played attacking football. Their main problem has always been the lack of investment into the club or the lack of the cash.

But that’s all changed and in a league where massive investment was needed. We are now at a stage that city has always been in their hearts. This season is the first season in the premier ship that you can buy a City Shirt in Dublin. I have always had to have mine sent over. With success within City’s Grasp with that success will come a new influx of City support from the kids?

Lets face it can you name one City supporter who wont have a tear in there eye when city picks up its first trophy in so many years. I know I will.
As for City success they have been up down and back up again they have a loyal and one of the best support base in the world its fans. That in its self is a success. Now what is happening on the field is a work in progress that is going in the right direction.
City fans will maybe seem to be a little cocky about it. But they have earned that right to be cocky they have paid their dues the hard way .

A city fan

I now dare to dream that it might actually happen, if we do succeed in winning something, anything, I don't even think I know how joyous and elated I would feel.

I don't think the division 1 Play Off final will even touch it. I still have the commentary where the BBC GMR commentators voice wavers on the word 'horlock' and the hairs on the back of my neck still stand up everytime I listen to it as it summed up the tension, the anticipation that everyone felt that day - and that was just to get out of div 1 !!!!

These players are going to write our history and they will never have experienced anything like the outpouring of emotion they will experience if they deliver a trophy for us and for themselves of course.

I have never had a feeling of excitement like I do at this moment.

Thank-you Sheikh Mansour you are going to make hundreds of thousands of peoples dreams a reality

My uncle Pete used to take me to matches when was 7,I am 57 this November and it will mean a lot to crack the trophy trail this season, which is not unreasonable. Sadly, Pete will not be able to savour that moment but he was there in '56 ,he was there in '68 as I was and he will be 'there' when we bring trophies home again. sweet is the feeling and it will get sweeter with each season. Roll on City we love it love it love it

It actually makes me rather proud of myself. 8 years ago I deceided to go against the norm and support City when it was easier just to choose United or Liverpool. Now in a way I feel I am being rewarded for this choice.

fbloke said:
So what will it mean to you and yours?

Liver damage more than likely...

Roll the feelings of the nights celebrations after the 5-1... the emotions of the playoff final... Goater 'outing' Neville... Bellamy's second at the swamp... multiplt it all by ten.... and it still wont come close!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.