What City's success means to you?

we'll be there..we'll be thereeeee
when Kolo...goes up..
to lift the premiership...
we'll be there...we'll be thereeee

now sing it to yourself....got it going in the cap n gown on mon night...sounded class

my dad took me to city for my 1st game in 1972. that was it i was hooked ,and apart from 76 its been downhill ever since. my son & daughter have NEVER seen city win anything( like thousands of other blue families) so all the times i call other fans for crying over a football match.when city do win a trophy , any trophy will do! ( for now anyway) i might just shed a tear of joy..............god know's we deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!..................feel myself welling up now......!

After reading Eight pages I have now stopped fighting the Tears and its all getting too much. We all know we deserve it for what we have been through. More importantantly we all know it is coming. Sooner or later - this is out time, it is our past and our present coming together in what will be the most special of moments for everyone of us.

I am begging, begging Ric and the Mods to lock this thread or put it in the classic thread section or whatever they do so we can bring it out again and again and again. Maybe as early as next February - or maybe in May or all the February's and May's that follow.

I know that being a City fan makes me special.

Being a member of this Forum and part of this thread is an Honour and a Privelage.

Thank you all for sharing.

Seeing Kolo lifting the trophy:
1. No more "Typical City" tag.
2. Go to other sites and slagged the Rags, the Arse......., talked about history...
3. Save more dough for Champions League games. not just pre-season friendlies with Barca..
4. I'm feeling more prouder wearing that blue shirt...

CTID thru and thru.

I think that supporting City has become ingrained in my personality - to be loyal to something that has no realistic chance of winning the big prize, just the occasional upset of one of the "proper" winning teams, and to do it with humour. And at some level I think that colours some self-belief that I'm a good person, but am not destined to be a winner.

If and when City start winning some silverware (coz despite recently traveling 5,000 miles to come watch them thrash West Ham I still don't fully believe it), I think it might mean that I believe more in myself to achieve and win in the bigger game of life.

Edwin said:
1. No more "Typical City" tag.

There was a time when 'typical City' meant winning, scoring a pens, winning trophies and beating United.

Ahhh wonderful.

I just wish i had lived through it.

When I started this thread I must admit to being worried that nobody would 'feel' the same and simply take the pi$$.

I am really pleased that that hasnt been the case.

We all guess at how we will react but I reckon there will be a numbness for a lot of us and certainly a period of reflection.

Without getting too deep and boring on this, a big part of what I feel is connected to the others in my life. My kids and dad especially.

All in all its going to be amazing.

Thanks so much for sharing and for enjoying the thread.

What a wonderful thread fbloke I have enjoyed reading every post. I, as previously stated, started supporting City in 1952 so have had some success but long ago. My three lads come to each match with me and we all sing and shout together and love City with a vengeance. I cannot imagine that I won't break down and cry when we achieve the success we have all craved for. You see I get a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye even now when I here my lads joining in with all you blues singing some of the songs. The future is undoubtably SKY BLUE and we will experience all these dreams we wish for. As for me I just need to keep as fit as I can so that I can enjoy with my lads and the rest of you the many years ahead filled with success.

Love you all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.