What City's success means to you?

Stuart said:
I've twatted 4 cancers since 2005 . I've been to places ( mentally/physically/emotionally) i would never wish on my worse enemy .
What kept me going ? Besides the thought of leaving my missus and young son to fend for themselves was the fact that in 1976 , when i was 5 years old , i have absolutely no memory of us lifting the trophy . I've never seen us win anything . After years of many false dawns and watching ( a hell of a lot of ) shite football in some god forsaken places , i ain't fucking dieing of cancer before i get the chance of watching us win something .
I've always believed that one day it will happen . But i'm more hopeful now than i've ever been before . And when IT does happen , i'll probably go fucking ballistic , i really don't know what i'll do ? But i do know it'll be emotional for me , because i've been very close on more than one occasion to missing out completely and never having the opportunity to see it happen .
It's going to happen , one day . I know it will . It's what's kept me going in the past and will keep me going in the future . And when it does happen , you watch . It'll be like waiting for a bus , fuck all for ages , and then two come along at once .
C.T.I.D.

That's pretty mental mate. To hear that you've been through so much and are still so positive about life is pretty inspiring.

The great thing about this club is that there are thousands of people just like yourself who's quality of life would be absolutely shit without it.

rickmcfc said:
Stuart said:
I've twatted 4 cancers since 2005 . I've been to places ( mentally/physically/emotionally) i would never wish on my worse enemy .
What kept me going ? Besides the thought of leaving my missus and young son to fend for themselves was the fact that in 1976 , when i was 5 years old , i have absolutely no memory of us lifting the trophy . I've never seen us win anything . After years of many false dawns and watching ( a hell of a lot of ) shite football in some god forsaken places , i ain't fucking dieing of cancer before i get the chance of watching us win something .
I've always believed that one day it will happen . But i'm more hopeful now than i've ever been before . And when IT does happen , i'll probably go fucking ballistic , i really don't know what i'll do ? But i do know it'll be emotional for me , because i've been very close on more than one occasion to missing out completely and never having the opportunity to see it happen .
It's going to happen , one day . I know it will . It's what's kept me going in the past and will keep me going in the future . And when it does happen , you watch . It'll be like waiting for a bus , fuck all for ages , and then two come along at once .
C.T.I.D.
wow lovely piece. We will get there m8, dont you be giving in just yet. stay strong, you are a brave brave man, all the best rick xxx

I want to hear your thoughts on our 20th trophy win when that happens so dont think you can go anywhere soon matey.

poh said:
What does it mean to me ? my heart, my soul, my whole very fucking being ! and of course a shit eating smile on my face that will never be removed, but apart from that not much.

And have you taken anyone on that emotional journey we call being a City fan?

I can never thank my dad enough for being Blue.

Chatting with the kids and asked them what City winning something would mean.

As they are only young I wasnt expecting much by the way of thought but Callum, 7 said it 'would be nice because then we will be more like United'

The doctors seem to think he will be allowed home in a few weeks.

i've been a blue for 30 odd years and like us all i've had about 2 lifetimes of pain,but when ( not if) we finally win a trophy i'll cry with pride and joy with the immortal words"without my kids being born this is the greatest day in the history of my life YO ADRIAN WE DID IT

I have just come off the phone after talking to an old Kippax neighbour, who is my age 39.

He has been told recently that he has inoperable cancer and might not see another season.

So in answer to my original thread it would mean so much more than I ever knew it would if City were to win something.

So Mr Hughes and all of the squad had better pull their fingers out for wednesday or I might just lose it big time.

Oh and and by the way you had better not play Richards cos that will just not start the night well for me ( or possibly tens of thousands of others )

Aaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh!

The City family:

premier league?
champions league?

Actually none of the above.

I posted yesterday after a shit game and a shit performance by a team that really needs to start taking responsibility for itself rather than allowing the cowardice which is letting the manager take the all the flak.

But that wasn't the essence of my previous post.

It was the the positive that I took from yesterday's game.

Which was the response when Uwe Rosler took to the field. I'm a grown man nearing my half century, but tears were not a million miles away in respect for a man who has had it all and faced it all in equal measure.

And isn't that us - as fans of Manchester City?

Total and utter respect. People on their feet and clapping in appreciation of one of our own. A fighter. A thousand fighters. Forty six thousand fighters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.