What determines who you support in Manchester? Is it a geographical thing?

I was wondering what are the factors that decide who you support. Up here it's clearly on religious grounds, which nobody should want, but I've never heard what is it that determines if you're a Blue or a Red.

Enlighten me oh Blues.
I thought many Celtic fans were Scots who'd rather be Irish?

When I was at primary school the gobshites followed the rags and the quiet ones followed city.
When I was at secondary school the gobshites followed the rags and the quiet ones followed city.
When I went to collage the gobshites followed the rags and the quiet ones followed city.
When I played football at a weekend the gobshites followed the rags and the quiet ones followed city.
When I started working the gobshites followed the rags and the quiet ones followed city.
When I've been in pubs and bars the gobshites followed the rags and the quiet ones followed city.
It's always been the same, will always be the same and nothing will ever change.
They'll always be the bigheads and shout their mouth off, we'll always just let them do it and laugh.

For me it was because it was my Dad's team. His decision was made out of stubbornness, given the choice as a kid to go to United with his two rag sisters he did the good thing and stayed home and waited a week to go to City with a family friend.

I have no explanation for my oddball uncle, who is a Blue now but went through a stage of flirting with Tottenham in his 30s.

It used to be the one bus thing. Same all over the country....you went to the club you could get to on one bus. Where I live now in yorkshire (Spits! ) most people were traditionally Burnley supporters because there was a bus to Burnley, but you needed at least two busses to Leeds, who were 2nd division anyway. I became a City supporter having seen them lose 1955 cup final on Pathe news....no tv in those days. And the 101 bus took me from home to Moss Side!

For me, it was both because of my mates, who were all blues and also the era I grew up in. Bell and Lee and Summerbee and winning things. I was a 5 year old plastic!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.