What determines who you support in Manchester? Is it a geographical thing?

You would be surprised at the amount of blues in Salford.
M7 Salford here in blue surrounded by red in a MEN survey. Here's a link.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...l-news/manchester-derby-map-men-survey-687267
2ezqrdt.jpg
Is it just me or do the red and red/blue circles look like the location of the lines of the Metro map...

Just me then!

It's simple, there are sheep and there are lemmings, there are settlers and there are pioneers, some people like to hide in a crowd, others like to stand out. some people feel safe and secure surrounded by others similar. Then there are Blues....fuck em all. I like the colours blue, maroon and white.

My godfather played 300+ games for city, my mum, dad and auntie are blues, so I've never known any other team (thank the lord). Middlewich where I grew up was a big blue supporting town, with supporters clubs and niddries coaches did travel to Maine Road and away games. I've no rags in the family, there are 3 other blues, 4 red dippers, 1 barcode/macc town, 1 blue dipper and 1 potter.

Great granddad came to Manchester from Nottinghamshire and decided to support the Blues - granddad indoctrinated my dad and my dad passed the gene on to me. My son was born on the south coast - couldn't take him to the Blues like my dad did and didn't want him to get infected with something dodgy down there - sadly the upshot is he doesn't follow football and so the chain links are broken................when he has a son though.........

My dad supported City..

Just to ask an irrelevant question... I went round the roundabout in Stockport last week (the one with the co-op pyramid) and written in the white paint on the road was "E'ley" - does anyone know what that refers to? It has been irritating me.

family and location for me. my whole family pretty much support city and come from areas in manchester, mainly south manchester - levenshulme. id say south manchester is one of the main city supporter areas swell.

It was an easy decision for me. My older brother supported United, so I just had to go opposite to him. His family are now all United fans, but my family, my sister, my younger brother and his family, and my mum are all Blues. I am eternally grateful to my older brother. Thank you Paul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.