What determines who you support in Manchester? Is it a geographical thing?

Salford is surely Rag central?

And basically, if you are from outside Manxhester, you're probably a rag

I was wondering what are the factors that decide who you support. Up here it's clearly on religious grounds, which nobody should want, but I've never heard what is it that determines if you're a Blue or a Red.

Enlighten me oh Blues.
There was a bit of that decades ago, my old man (in fact all the family except my cousin and I are rags) used to tell me how a train carriage full of Catholic priests and their hangers on would disembark the train at the swamp. Dont think religion is a deciding factor these days but it certainly was an issue moons ago

But why? Why aren't they Rags? Apart from intelligence, looks, etc. :)
Family originally from Whalley Range which is 500 yards as the crow flies from Maine Road

Although to be fair, it's only about 900 yards from Old Trafford as well.

There was a bit of that decades ago, my old man (in fact all the family except my cousin and I are rags) used to tell me how a train carriage full of Catholic priests and their hangers on would disembark the train at the swamp. Dont think religion is a deciding factor these days but it certainly was an issue moons ago

I never knew religious bullshit happened anywhere else on the mainland apart from here, re football.

Granddad and Dad worked at Gorton Tank you didn't get to work there unless you had a City scarf so I didn't have much choice with who i supported, sometimes grown ups are right.

I never knew religious bullshit happened anywhere else on the mainland apart from here, re football.
I think historically, most 2 team cities have 2 teams based on religion. That would be 100+ years ago so doubt it would explain team choices now

Grandad was blue to the core, my dad is the same, I am too and so is my son. I had no choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.