What do you think about united?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Rascal said:
pikku said:
Even i have noticed this,they are not that bothered about city atleast in red cafe as much as bluemoon is sort of full of anti united comments,for them rivalry is mostly with liverpool..I am not from uk,so i have no idea how it is out there though..

We have a few non UK members, the Caf has a majority of non UK members. City mean little to them as most have never been to the UK never mind Manchester
This is correct, Rasc. The point is, to many on rag cafe, City don't feature directly in their lives. If they live in Singapore, for example, to them, City fans will comprise of ex-pats and the odd indigenous curiosity. Liverpool and Arsenal fans will be at the forefront of their day to day interaction with opposition fans. It is these encounters which, as supporters, mainly shape our views of other fans. It is why you and I, perhaps, have what might be described by some as a more balanced view about united fans, as we both have people who are close to us who have that unfortunate affliction.

Any City fan who resides or works in or around Manchester can be in no doubt as to the veracity of claims that City don't matter to united fans. In its own way our rise is their worst nightmare as it was so unexpected and is set to endure.

Their taunts and mocking will haunt them for years to come. Anyone who says that doesn't feature on their radar is a liar.

yep

Personally, I admire and respect them for doing things "the United way"

Upholding the highest standards of morality both on and off the pitch ever since the game was invented in 1992.

Fucking despise the bastards.
Can't wait for the minute's laughter. Not long now.

jaigurugoat said:
Personally, I admire and respect them for doing things "the United way"

Upholding the highest standards of morality both on and off the pitch ever since the game was invented in 1992.

Fucking despise the bastards.
Can't wait for the minute's laughter. Not long now.

You had me going there for a minute :-)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Rascal said:
pikku said:
Even i have noticed this,they are not that bothered about city atleast in red cafe as much as bluemoon is sort of full of anti united comments,for them rivalry is mostly with liverpool..I am not from uk,so i have no idea how it is out there though..

We have a few non UK members, the Caf has a majority of non UK members. City mean little to them as most have never been to the UK never mind Manchester
This is correct, Rasc. The point is, to many on rag cafe, City don't feature directly in their lives. If they live in Singapore, for example, to them, City fans will comprise of ex-pats and the odd indigenous curiosity. Liverpool and Arsenal fans will be at the forefront of their day to day interaction with opposition fans. It is these encounters which, as supporters, mainly shape our views of other fans. It is why you and I, perhaps, have what might be described by some as a more balanced view about united fans, as we both have people who are close to us who have that unfortunate affliction.

Any City fan who resides or works in or around Manchester can be in no doubt as to the veracity of claims that City don't matter to united fans. In its own way our rise is their worst nightmare as it was so unexpected and is set to endure.

Their taunts and mocking will haunt them for years to come. Anyone who says that doesn't feature on their radar is a liar.

They do indeed hate it. The rags i know in Cheadle cant even revert to whats fast becoming another Rag safety ploy of the Didnt you support Chelsea in 2008 and they cannot even say to me but yeah when did you ever go to City as they all know i have been going years and went when we were shit et etc. My rag friends have no defence left with me, i mean i used to wind the cunts up when we were in the 3rd division and they were amazing so what chance now. I have loved this year talking with City mates in front of them about how we are all getting Roma in the CL. They just sit there and say fuck all. Its brilliant. Back in the day when they were planning trips here and there, we would just talk over them with our exotic plans for getting to Grimsby and what a great day we were going to have :)

The other week though one who does go home games occasionally was in my company along with another 4 blues. We were of course ripping the piss out of him and he came out with classic "even when you beat us 6-1 we were the better team" I have not laughed so much and for so long for years. 5 blues around a table crying laughing at him. I almost felt sorry for him he looked that defeated.

Hate them and especially hate their fans.

Here in America the vast majority of United fans are pricks who just want to support a big, "fashionable" side - the same types of people who support the Cowboys or Steelers in the NFL (both large fanbases consisting mainly of glory-hunting scrotes), the Yankees in baseball, the Lakers in basketball, etc. A lot of people just look at United as the "default" team to pull for since they're allegedly always good.

It usually says a LOT to me when a person decides to support a club just because they're a "big" team that wins things all the time, so it's not surprising how unpleasant most of United's supporters are over here. Part of what drew me to City is how annoying I found the "big four's" stranglehold on American soccer fans, with United having the biggest media machine and the most fans. It's as if no one ever thought of supporting a club other than United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Barca, or Real. This pissed me off to no end and ultimately led me to become a City fan. I wanted to support a club that had real fans that knew what it was like to stick with a team through thick and (lots of) thin, not whatever team was the flavor of the week among a bunch of stupid proles that didn't know how to be proper SPORTS fans, let alone proper football fans.

Fuck them. Does the word "Manchester" in "Manchester United" even mean anything anymore? City still seem to represent Manchester despite growing into a huge club, something I really like and respect even though I've never even been to the UK. United don't seem to at all; to me, they just represent fuckwits and glory-hunters the world over.

I have to agree with those who have argued that they are not bothered by us at all.

Except for the likes of Scholes & Rio sneering at us last night - in the time honoured, United Way, don'tchaknow - out of some sad and desperate need to stay relevant. Obviously.

The sneering at our mostly working-class fanbase by Scholes and Ferdinand tells you everything you need to know about United. They have always been a classless club and, in English football, they have been like playground bullies for decades.
It started in the 70s with the Red Army thugs who used to delight in terrorising female shoppers and kids in towns like Norwich during the hooligan heydays and ended with the relentless intimidation of match officials orchestrated by Ferguson in more recent years.
But, like all bullies, they are cowards when confronted. City have endured hatchet jobs from the media (led by Rag sycophants) for decades. I don't see this changing anytime soon.
I am sure our players will shove these words down their throats when Derby Day comes..just like they have done for the past three seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.