What do you think is wrong?

No fight, no spirit, no 'balls', no leadership, lack of nous, too easily 'found out' by the opposition... we are too often undone by teams we should be beating - or at least putting up a stern fight against. A team can always be undone by bad-luck, poor ref decisions etc... it can even be beaten by the 'better side'. But we are surrendering games too easily, too often. Yes injuries play their part and any player can lose form during the season. But, as I have posted on another thread, it appears that City, this current City team at least, doesn't like a scrap, can't cope with in-your-face teams and too often appear out-played by players who cost a fraction of the fee and are paid a fraction of the wage some of our super-stars get. Frankly, they are not delivering the goods and haven't really done so since the first international break. The blistering start to the season, tagged on as it was to a solid end to the last has covered up some poor performances since then, but reality is hitting home. There is time to turn this round and, if you look at the league as a whole, well apart from Leicester nobody is showing any consistency. All being well we'll rediscover our mojo, but it needs to happen soon...

Can you imagine the dressing room .They really are not bothered by Pellegrini. He is incoherent -so how would you know he's bollocking you. Will he drop you- no chance.
I had an old geography teacher like Pellegrini. We took the piss out of him because he had no presence,no authority,no fear factor.
Poor bloke.
Are you proud of the way you treated him?

Opponents have now figured us out!
Bang average teams now know if they out work us there's more than a fair chance they can get a result!
i.e. The increased effort of opponents is proving greater than our players perceived higher skill levels.
We are capable of applying the same tactics and work ethic now being used against us but most importantly
You are left asking:
Why is this not happening if it conceivably could?

A prime example (amongst many others) is that we nearly always lose possession from a throw in due to a complete lack of movement.
You're easy to mark when you're stood still but this is just the thin end of the wedge!
You have to look for the underlying reasons behind the lack of desire, work rate, tactical awareness etc.
There is clearly a disconnect between the manager and the players! Granted our injuries haven't helped!
+ there's some lazy buggers who need a kick up the arse!

Chelsea have a similar problem!
Champions one minute 3 points from the bottom 3 the next!
They don't have a vastly different playing staff from last season (or the casualties we do) but they couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo right now!
...ring any bells?

I'd sack Pellegrini now! This fuckin second! I'd drive him to the airport myself!
I'd also give Vincent Kompany the reins till the end of the season until Pep arrives next June!

The alternative is to continue with a man who looks tired and shows all the hallmarks of having lost the players respect and
risk finishing outside the top 4 with more maulings from teams with perceived lesser players but who understand the meaning of graft and
Look up to and take incitful direction from more tactically aware stewardship.

One Half Fit quality striker and a kid is just not enough
We would do well to realise the "Best squad myth", Apart from attacking midfield and GK, we lack in every area,

We are not that strong side, thats what wrong. However it looks on a team sheet, we look great. But we have to play 11 other men, and we dont set up for them, we set up for us. The sooner we realise that the better.. We have work horses in our ranks, Delph being the best amongst them probably. Play the opposition as much as they play us

Nothing is wrong we are just going through a bad spell, we will beat Gladbach , Swansea , the arse , beat Everton and get to Wembley and progress in the fa cup.
Come the end of January we will be laughing again and threads like these will be like a Liverpool title win history!

As a fan of Pellegrini I am starting ask does he really have the tactical awareness to win games. Yes we have great players and when we are allowed to play our way we are fantastic to watch, however NO teams let us play, we have to earn the right and adapt to each game. This is where we lacking we just set up the same way expect to play nice football which is clearly the wrong policy now.

Is Pel so naive as to not worry about the opposition is he so stubborn to believe his way will always be the best? Things need to change he has to realise other sides have good players and with good coaching and direction can achieve a result against us.

Wake up coaching staff and get us playing the opposition not just turning up to play our way. We have been found out again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.