What do you think is wrong?

People should think, would we be playing this badly if everyone was fit? No. There's your answer. Pellegrini is not stupid he didn't expect our performance to be so abject.

We lost 1-0 at Arsenal the season we won the league under Mancini...
Yep - Balotelli was slaughtered, and wasn't it the day the Filth went 8 points ahead with 6 to go?

Anyway, the problem is that we have far too many injuries to key players. There are times we bring them back too soon as we struggle without them. The defence is shockingly bad, and shockingly exposed.

Poor team selection, tactics that too often don't suit the players available/picked, purchasing players whose attributes seem at odds with our preferred way of playing, inadequate attention paid to opposition strengths, managerial stubbornness, mental weakness, physical weakness, lack of desire, injuries, lack of leadership on and off the field, dearth of striking options, lack of confidence, wretched finishing, lack of defensive communication, dead man walking syndrome........

No idea. No idea why the wheels fell off for two months last season and no idea why we keep stinking the place out now. I hoped the 12 month extension would put to rest the dead man walking narrative but maybe not. I've no idea why we don't go into games like this with a bit more pragmatism or why we think MDM is quick enough to play a high line or the million other baffling aspects that we have discussed to death during Pellers tenure and let's not even get on to his in game management.

I am bored with it though but then I've been bored with it for most of this year. Ah well see how it goes when Pep turns up in the summer.

Clueless scouting network and forking out too much for overhyped players.

This isn't aimed as a dig at Sterling but if Stoke can get Shaquiri for £37m less than we got Sterling for, something is well fucked up. It pisses me off how other teams can unearth a Mahrez for example and we unearth next to fuck all and shell out £40m for fucking Mangala.

We are fielding players in mid and attack who are world beaters but are left as spectators whilst the ball is channelled rechannelled processed and reprocessed to little effect. And in the meantime the defence who are pretty good at summat but not defending have conceded twice! We should be going to places like Stoke and saying that the least we are leaving with is what we came with - 0-0 and a point! That is Pellers problem and he looks and says he's mystified! Not half as mystified as the fans!!

Poor team selection, tactics that too often don't suit the players available/picked, purchasing players whose attributes seem at odds with our preferred way of playing, inadequate attention paid to opposition strengths, managerial stubbornness, mental weakness, physical weakness, lack of desire, injuries, lack of leadership on and off the field, dearth of striking options, lack of confidence, wretched finishing, lack of defensive communication, dead man walking syndrome........
Spot on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.