What do you think is wrong?

Of course it is. Having lost the game in the first 15 minutes against Liverpool, the last thing we should have done was allow that to happen again yesterday. If players are tired, then keep things compact for the first 30 minutes or so. I'd have played the two Ferns and Delph yesterday, plus Navas and Sterling, told them to keep close to the defensive line and let Stoke do all the running for the first part of the game, while we sit back and look to break. Up front I'd still probably have started Bony in order to give Silva and KDB a bit of a rest. Or we could have started Iheanacho, knowing that he can't play on Tuesday, and given Bony (who was never going to get much out of the Stoke defence) a rest. Then after 60 minutes, if we're doing OK, you could take one of the midfield three and one of Navas or Sterling for Silva & De Bruyne. Then swap Bony & Iheanacho later on.
Whilst playing Iheanacho over Bony would still be considered a big call, Bony plays right into the hands of a Stoke, as you suggest. They would have hated an energetic, pace striker making runs in behind, as Iheanacho would have done.

I`ll tell where it all started to go wrong....Charity Shield versus Arsenal 2013. A 400 mile round trip to watch our reserves play, correction, turn out at Wembley with a half arsed attitude from both on and off the pitch. That day Pellegrini treated us the fans with little respect and it`s not changed, and he`s not learned from that day.

Of course it is. Having lost the game in the first 15 minutes against Liverpool, the last thing we should have done was allow that to happen again yesterday. If players are tired, then keep things compact for the first 30 minutes or so. I'd have played the two Ferns and Delph yesterday, plus Navas and Sterling, told them to keep close to the defensive line and let Stoke do all the running for the first part of the game, while we sit back and look to break. Up front I'd still probably have started Bony in order to give Silva and KDB a bit of a rest. Or we could have started Iheanacho, knowing that he can't play on Tuesday, and given Bony (who was never going to get much out of the Stoke defence) a rest. Then after 60 minutes, if we're doing OK, you could take one of the midfield three and one of Navas or Sterling for Silva & De Bruyne. Then swap Bony & Iheanacho later on.
Totally agree with this analysis. Demichelis is clearly struggling so offer him some protection. Be solid in the middle of the park and attack with pace and width. Assess the conditions and the opposition and ask yourself is this the game for a recovering David Silva? Alternatively, pick the team the opposition expects you to pick and has prepared for all week, expose your own weaknesses, then blame the poor performance and result on tiredness. I'm afraid those still defending the manager are looking more and more as though they are in denial.

Without Kompany on the pitch we have no leader, Otamendi seems to fit the bill but appears to be as quiet as a mouse on the pitch, perhaps he has his hands full trying to cover for MDM and is therefore out of breath

I`ll tell where it all started to go wrong....Charity Shield versus Arsenal 2013. A 400 mile round trip to watch our reserves play, correction, turn out at Wembley with a half arsed attitude from both on and off the pitch. That day Pellegrini treated us the fans with little respect and it`s not changed, and he`s not learned from that day.

Thought that was 2014. But I could be wrong as I've tried to erase it from my memory.

Despite spending big we've got a worse squad than we had in 12-13 and an inferior manager (forget the off-the pitch stuff).

Not difficult to see why we haven't progressed as well as we hoped.

Despite spending big we've got a worse squad than we had in 12-13

I think you've forgotten our 12-13 squad which featured such luminaries as Kolo Toure, Nastasic, Javi Garcia, Jack Rodwell, Maicon, sand Scott Sinclair.

The point is that we will win nothing this season,and we all agree that's wrong........ :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.