What do you think is wrong?

I personally think the injuries, we are not able to rest players, if you take the spine out of any team they will struggle, get some bodies back, get the champs league league stages over with, concentrate on the league, get pellers to sort his fucking hair out and we will be fine.

I personally think the injuries, we are not able to rest players, if you take the spine out of any team they will struggle, get some bodies back, get the champs league league stages over with, concentrate on the league, get pellers to sort his fucking hair out and we will be fine.
was the hair issue the reason he never left his bench yesterday

Personally I think the basic fitness of the squad isn't good enough. At times recently they have looked out on their feet in games. Pre season is about jetting all over the world playing high profile friendly games instead of getting core fitness built up. With so many teams playing a high tempo pressing game, our lack of core fitness is showing. It could also be partly to blame for the amount of injuries we are suffering. Just my thoughts, but something is very wrong and causing these injuries.

Of course it is. Having lost the game in the first 15 minutes against Liverpool, the last thing we should have done was allow that to happen again yesterday. If players are tired, then keep things compact for the first 30 minutes or so. I'd have played the two Ferns and Delph yesterday, plus Navas and Sterling, told them to keep close to the defensive line and let Stoke do all the running for the first part of the game, while we sit back and look to break. Up front I'd still probably have started Bony in order to give Silva and KDB a bit of a rest. Or we could have started Iheanacho, knowing that he can't play on Tuesday, and given Bony (who was never going to get much out of the Stoke defence) a rest. Then after 60 minutes, if we're doing OK, you could take one of the midfield three and one of Navas or Sterling for Silva & De Bruyne. Then swap Bony & Iheanacho later on.

I'd never pick Fernando full stop. At least MDM has an excuse that his legs are gone. I can't believe we don't have a player in the academy that could give us more than Fernando. He gives us nothing and is one of our worst ever players.

Wenger for all his faults gave Bellerin and Coquelin a chance. VanGaal same with Lingard and one or two others. Pellegrini will just not do it.

We should win the league. Nobody else looks outstanding like Chelsea did last season. Even when we briefly went top around new year last season there was a sense that that Chelsea team was a machine built to win the league and was running smoothly.

This year we've been well below par on too many occasions but we are still right up there. Football is about players. In individual games a manager can lead an inferior team to victory but over a season this very rarely leads to a championship. We have the players who can win us the league regardless of who is in charge. If we can get Kompany, Aguero and Silva fit for 75% of our remaining games we will win the league. Simple as that. If you have the best team/squad you are more likely to win the league than a team with inferior players regardless of their manager.

How many times in the last 20 years has the best 15 players failed to win the league? 2013 stands out to me and is a warning to us this season but it's a rare example as far as I can see.

Of course an exceptional player in an exceptional season can elevate the rest above what you would expect (Suarez 13/14 and to an extent RVP in 12/13) but the only player approaching that kind of form is Jamie Vardy and he isn't good enough to win the title on his own. Sanchez is injured, the rags have a culture of driving players with the potential to do that kind of job away (Di Maria), Liverpool have the manager but not that talisman or the all-round quality it takes.

The question we must ask is a) will the side underperform all year ala 2013 and b) is there a team good enough to take advantage?

I hope the answer to part a) is negative and when we get over this injury crisis we'll power away from the rest. And the answer to part b) is already in evidence at the relatively low points accrewed by the leading sides. 75 points looks like it'd be more than enough to win the title this year.

We should win the league. Nobody else looks outstanding like Chelsea did last season. Even when we briefly went top around new year last season there was a sense that that Chelsea team was a machine built to win the league and was running smoothly.

This year we've been well below par on too many occasions but we are still right up there. Football is about players. In individual games a manager can lead an inferior team to victory but over a season this very rarely leads to a championship. We have the players who can win us the league regardless of who is in charge. If we can get Kompany, Aguero and Silva fit for 75% of our remaining games we will win the league. Simple as that. If you have the best team/squad you are more likely to win the league than a team with inferior players regardless of their manager.

How many times in the last 20 years has the best 15 players failed to win the league? 2013 stands out to me and is a warning to us this season but it's a rare example as far as I can see.

Of course an exceptional player in an exceptional season can elevate the rest above what you would expect (Suarez 13/14 and to an extent RVP in 12/13) but the only player approaching that kind of form is Jamie Vardy and he isn't good enough to win the title on his own. Sanchez is injured, the rags have a culture of driving players with the potential to do that kind of job away (Di Maria), Liverpool have the manager but not that talisman or the all-round quality it takes.

The question we must ask is a) will the side underperform all year ala 2013 and b) is there a team good enough to take advantage?

I hope the answer to part a) is negative and when we get over this injury crisis we'll power away from the rest. And the answer to part b) is already in evidence at the relatively low points accrewed by the leading sides. 75 points looks like it'd be more than enough to win the title this year.

Sides with the best defences usually win the league. Ours is a shambles. Unless that changes it won't be happening because we can't even score goals away from home any more. 2 goals in 5 away games. Awful

Sides with the best defences usually win the league. Ours is a shambles. Unless that changes it won't be happening because we can't even score goals away from home any more. 2 goals in 5 away games. Awful

For all this though, who is most likely to win the league if not us?
Taking off my blue-tinted specs, I can still realistically only see Arsenal if we don't.
There's no way Leicester are winning the league, I still think they'll actually finish outside the top 4, indeed I'm guessing about 6th or 7th, which is still a great achievement for them.
Chelsea have left themselves too much to do I believe, but they'll climb the league and end up around 4th or 5th probably.
The rags are dull and shit and I cannot see them finishing ahead of Arsenal.
Liverpool don't really have enough quality yet, a few injuries and they'll be struggling.
Despite our recent poor form, we're still only 3 points off the top! And Leicester aren't staying there.
I think we'll win it, just with Arsenal 2nd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.