What do you think is wrong?

Attitude. We approach some games as if we don't have to battle and our quality will see us through. Forget tactics and team selection, if we'd matched Stoke for desire then it's unlikely we'd have lost. A top quality manager gets this from his players.

I think you've forgotten our 12-13 squad which featured such luminaries as Kolo Toure, Nastasic, Javi Garcia, Jack Rodwell, Maicon, sand Scott Sinclair.
Nastasic is better than Mangala and Demichelis and Garcia is better than Fernando.

Attitude. We approach some games as if we don't have to battle and our quality will see us through. Forget tactics and team selection, if we'd matched Stoke for desire then it's unlikely we'd have lost. A top quality manager gets this from his players.
I keep reading that we didn't match their work rate. I thought we did. Maybe I am wrong

I thought the goals we gifted them at the start (from our point of view were awful defending) and from there it was very difficult. We were the team taking the game to Stoke all game, but at 2-0 they could just sit back and pick us off.

i think it's 6th best but anyway, i still think attack is more important than defence, but we'll agree to disagree!
But at the moment it's awful and undermines our game. We can't attack without leaving our back 4 exposed. The solution is play Otamendi and Kompany/Mangala but Kompany and Mangala are either injured or suspended

i think it's 6th best but anyway, i still think attack is more important than defence, but we'll agree to disagree!

apologies, Liverpool played last night and conceded 2, we are not even runaway leaders in the goal scoring stakes either fella so even the goals are drying up.Defensively we are poor.

apologies, Liverpool played last night and conceded 2, we are not even runaway leaders in the goal scoring stakes either fella so even the goals are drying up.Defensively we are poor.

no, the goals havent been flowing like normal.

But at the moment it's awful and undermines our game. We can't attack without leaving our back 4 exposed. The solution is play Otamendi and Kompany/Mangala but Kompany and Mangala are either injured or suspended

yep, the defense has been poorer than what we'd expect but my point is that id rather have a blistering attack and steady/normal defence than a normal attack with a super-solid defence. Attacking and goals will always win out, but i acknowledge you do need a semi-functional defence to go with it!

Man Utd are an interesting case, defending well but attacking very averagely/poorly, and theyre below us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.