What do you think is wrong?

If I were to try and pinpoint the major issue i'd say it begins with Martin Demichelis and ends with Alexander Kolarov. Neither player is good enough as a defender to play in our side and with both of them playing we'll conceded goals.

The decision to let Denayer go on loan looks a very poor one now - and I did say when it happened that I hoped it didn't come and bite us on the arse and it looks like it is doing.

One more thing on the 'problems' list is that worryingly this season we've very quickly become very predictable as an attacking team. That's on the manager's shoulders. But again with the shadow of Pep looming larger and larger and Pellegrini looking more and more fraught, I'm not sure what can be done. We need our best players back asap, Pellegrini needs to drop Bony, and we need to see much more fluidity in our attacking play rather than simply Kevin the right winger, Raheem the left winger, and Silva the play maker.

I don't think we have been up to scratch technically for a while.

In the game on Saturday, Stoke's passing was crisp and their touches were sharp. Well for us every other pass was ending up at knee height.

We looked like we were playing in a hurricane while Stoke looked like they were playing in a gentle breeze, why is that?

If I were to try and pinpoint the major issue i'd say it begins with Martin Demichelis and ends with Alexander Kolarov. Neither player is good enough as a defender to play in our side and with both of them playing we'll conceded goals.

The decision to let Denayer go on loan looks a very poor one now - and I did say when it happened that I hoped it didn't come and bite us on the arse and it looks like it is doing.

One more thing on the 'problems' list is that worryingly this season we've very quickly become very predictable as an attacking team. That's on the manager's shoulders. But again with the shadow of Pep looming larger and larger and Pellegrini looking more and more fraught, I'm not sure what can be done. We need our best players back asap, Pellegrini needs to drop Bony, and we need to see much more fluidity in our attacking play rather than simply Kevin the right winger, Raheem the left winger, and Silva the play maker.

Pellegrini doesn't seem to have a dogs of war game in him, we are powder puff all over the pitch, our tackling is fucking atrocious , with our injury list we should be setting up to not lose games, take a draw, the less said about Kolorov the better mate, i keep shaking my head in disbelief at him every week, granted Clichy has been injured recently but Clichy finds himself firmly on the bench for that fucking oaf-he's so bad its become fucking comical. Clichy is twice the defender he is but Manuel has a hard on form him offensively.

We should win the league. Nobody else looks outstanding like Chelsea did last season. Even when we briefly went top around new year last season there was a sense that that Chelsea team was a machine built to win the league and was running smoothly.

This year we've been well below par on too many occasions but we are still right up there. Football is about players. In individual games a manager can lead an inferior team to victory but over a season this very rarely leads to a championship. We have the players who can win us the league regardless of who is in charge. If we can get Kompany, Aguero and Silva fit for 75% of our remaining games we will win the league. Simple as that. If you have the best team/squad you are more likely to win the league than a team with inferior players regardless of their manager.

How many times in the last 20 years has the best 15 players failed to win the league? 2013 stands out to me and is a warning to us this season but it's a rare example as far as I can see.

Of course an exceptional player in an exceptional season can elevate the rest above what you would expect (Suarez 13/14 and to an extent RVP in 12/13) but the only player approaching that kind of form is Jamie Vardy and he isn't good enough to win the title on his own. Sanchez is injured, the rags have a culture of driving players with the potential to do that kind of job away (Di Maria), Liverpool have the manager but not that talisman or the all-round quality it takes.

The question we must ask is a) will the side underperform all year ala 2013 and b) is there a team good enough to take advantage?

I hope the answer to part a) is negative and when we get over this injury crisis we'll power away from the rest. And the answer to part b) is already in evidence at the relatively low points accrewed by the leading sides. 75 points looks like it'd be more than enough to win the title this year.
Good post!

It doesn't help when opponents play out of their skin against us which happens a lot - often when I see them in their next game I have to ask myself ' how the 'eck did they beat or draw with us'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.