What do you want to see from our captain?

I want to see him bossing the players about at set pieces and setting everyone in position, dunne never ever does that with corners and free-kicks

Watch john terry for 90 minutes, you won't see a more determined, helpful and louder captain in the world anywhere

Watch Martin Laursen, he doesn't have the physical ability of a bunch of other players but he motivates his line and squad along with better than just about any captain I've seen, arguably on Terry's level.

bluemoondays said:
I think Dunnies been good for the club and conversely the club has been good to him but I'm not really seeing what I expect to see from a team captain out on the pitch. I can understand why he was made captain, longest serving player, player of the season for the last few seasons etc but frankly there wasn't a lot of competition for the post was there?

I expect to see the captain giving out orders, bollocking players who are slacking, picking up on defensive errors and organising the team, especially defence and midfield. I expect to see some passion, when we concede a goal I want to see him egging people on, getting them up for the fight to get back at the other team. The captain should be driving the team on and inspiring them to more effort.

I don't see this from Dunnie, I think he's a good CB and worth his position (apart from the odd howlers but that can happen to any player) and he seems a genuinely nice guy but is he "too nice" and laidback to be captain?

A really good post, this.

I suspect that, when back to form, Richards might have what it takes.

We certainly need someone who can carry the managers plan through a game.

Dunne will come good. When the chips are down he leads from the front he may not be as vocal as Terry but he is a battler. Own goals it happens to the best of defenders ask Jamie Carragher he has got 2 Own Goals this season but you never hear there fans on his back. He will come good with a settled back 4 we will move up the table and it will start from todays game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.