What famous fans do we have?

I was making a point about fame being relative to where and who you are in the space in time. Being a "talented actress" doesn't give anyone the right to global reach as there are TONNES of those achievements and yet we know less than 0.000000001% because Hollywood or TV allows the spotlight to fall on them.

So the "untalented, precocious, self obsessed gobshite" will also have the chance of relative fame comparing to their space in time on a given platform because they connect to people we, older generation, are not connected to.

That's all I was saying.
I blame Andy Warhol (although it may not have been him afterall).
Maybe people should earn the "right".

I honestly didn’t know he was a blue - Clive Myrie
Unfortunately I can’t find the video but here is a little narrative of one of his best moments.

Man United fans were a bit upset about the way in which they were knocked out of the Champions League by Real Madrid (and referee Cuneyt Cakir) -- one so upset that he reported it to police as a crime. But other people found it quite enjoyable. Like BBC News presenter Clive Myrie.

"There are a lot of upset people in the city of Manchester following last night's result," said Myrie in a broadcast the day after the match with the necessary gravitas. "And a lot of others who are quite happy as well I have to say..." He then let out a cackle of laughter that he just couldn't contain any longer before throwing it to the sports guy.

Simon was sat on the front row of Club Wembley at the cup final giving it to United fans when we scored. I've got a photo of him but it won't load
it just surprized me that some one just came and said so on F1, but of course other people in other sports like football

nah, James Bond was a City fan and this fella was all over the news globally

View attachment 96334

the cover of the NME amd melody maker didn't resonate as much as global financial crime.

Plus Noel was equally pictured in his celtic scalves as much as city around the time

Though Oasis did make us popular in Indonesia
While the Leeson story did indeed make the news beyond our shores, his connection with the Blues was purely incidental and of little interest to anyone outside of City's fanbase. Oasis not only achieved worldwide notoriety but, at the height of their fame, the Gallagher brothers constantly banged on about City or were pictured at matches or in publicity shots in the pages of the national and international press - let alone niche music publications - on such a regular basis that their fandom became an inextricable part of their image. I have no doubt whatsoever that the Gallaghers played a far greater role in spreading the City gospel around the globe than Nick Leeson.

While the Leeson story did indeed make the news beyond our shores, his connection with the Blues was purely incidental and of little interest to anyone outside of City's fanbase. Oasis not only achieved worldwide notoriety but, at the height of their fame, the Gallagher brothers constantly banged on about City or were pictured at matches or in publicity shots in the pages of the national and international press - let alone niche music publications - on such a regular basis that their fandom became an inextricable part of their image. I have no doubt whatsoever that the Gallaghers played a far greater role in spreading the City gospel around the globe than Nick Leeson.
ok

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.