What got you supporting City?

1975 my dad took me to my first game at Maine Road as a 4 year old, and the atmosphere had me hooked from the off, it was like a different world. All my family on both parents sides were Blues, cousins are blues, and now my son has season ticket with me to vary that tradition on

When I moved to England I figured the smart thing to do was support my new father in laws team. Was the right move and I've become an even bigger fan than he is. Think that was six years ago now. Maybe five.

I was born in Shropshie but the family moved to Hazel Grove and then to Cheadle Hulme when I was a toddler. My dad was a Wolves supporter although strangely he also liked West Bromwich Albion. He did had a passionate hatred of United for some reason.

I first got into football when I was given a transistor radio and used to listen to commentaries of United's European Cup matches. Like many I turned against United after the hysterical press reaction to the Munich distaster and remained neutral while following Wolves.

My first match was at Old Trafford in 1962-63 when Wolves visited and duly lost 3-0. I intended to go to Maine Road to see West Brom but never made it as City were beaten 5-1. I went to City's next home match against Blackpool and stood on the Kippax. City lost 3-0. I went again when the double winning Spurs team were in town. City won 1-0 with an Alex Harley goal and that was it.

City were unlucky to be pegged back by United for a 1-1 draw in the next home match and were as good as down by then. This was confirmed a week later with another drubbing at West Ham while United won at home to escape relegation.

tangaroa said:
blue underpants said:
I find that an endearing trait of a lot of city fans, rags to me are scum who have taken the easy option

Couldn't have put it better myself.

calling them scum mate for picking a team?well,i am really surprised how many of you say you were surrounded by ragtards but some of you keep saying there are no ragtards in manchester ,its as bad as they lying 20000 empty seats at our temple. no wonder they call us obsessed

gobsteruk said:
My dad made me! He used to leave me on the bench with the plod at main road in front of the kippax over the white wall then he would dissapear until half time and full time! Don't think my mum knows that he used to do that haha. Now my 3 kids are all blues. My boy did come home from school a couple years back and said he wanted to follow Liverpool like his best mate....I pulled all his city stuff out of his room, told him I will NEVER buy any other teams stuff and that I Never wanted to speak to him again. He soon realised his mistake. He was 5 at the time.

I am at work reading this post i am laughing so much i honestly have tears rolling down my cheeks .

But the thread it is a great question .

Me , being born in Ladybarn i honestly do not remember a rag in the area .

At Mauldeth Road primary school possibly a few rags , but not many .

Having Don Revie wife Elsie as my school teacher .

Walking past his "club house" on Mauldeth Road , yes it had a sky blue door , also knocking on the front door aged about 9 to see if Mr Revies son Duncan wanted to come swimming with me at Withington swimming baths ( no he didnt ).

Also my Auntie Marie having a house on Thornton Road backing on to the Maine road back car park .

These "little pieces" where all part of making a bigger picture .

It was just meant to be !!

PS , attended my youngest daughters graduation this week - 1st class honours degree in Manderin and Buisness studys ( and i went to Ladybarn Secondary Modern !!) .

My Daughters name BLUE , honest .

It was ALL just meant to be .<br /><br />-- Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:27 am --<br /><br />
gobsteruk said:
My dad made me! He used to leave me on the bench with the plod at main road in front of the kippax over the white wall then he would dissapear until half time and full time! Don't think my mum knows that he used to do that haha. Now my 3 kids are all blues. My boy did come home from school a couple years back and said he wanted to follow Liverpool like his best mate....I pulled all his city stuff out of his room, told him I will NEVER buy any other teams stuff and that I Never wanted to speak to him again. He soon realised his mistake. He was 5 at the time.

I am at work reading this post i am laughing so much i honestly have tears rolling down my cheeks .

But the thread it is a great question .

Me , being born in Ladybarn i honestly do not remember a rag in the area .

At Mauldeth Road primary school possibly a few rags , but not many .

Having Don Revie wife Elsie as my school teacher .

Walking past his "club house" on Mauldeth Road , yes it had a sky blue door , also knocking on the front door aged about 9 to see if Mr Revies son Duncan wanted to come swimming with me at Withington swimming baths ( no he didnt ).

Also my Auntie Marie having a house on Thornton Road backing on to the Maine road back car park .

These "little pieces" where all part of making a bigger picture .

It was just meant to be !!

PS , attended my youngest daughters graduation this week - 1st class honours degree in Manderin and Buisness studys ( and i went to Ladybarn Secondary Modern !!) .

My Daughters name BLUE , honest .

It was ALL just meant to be .

stockportblue09 said:
tangaroa said:
blue underpants said:
I find that an endearing trait of a lot of city fans, rags to me are scum who have taken the easy option

Couldn't have put it better myself.

calling them scum mate for picking a team?well,i am really surprised how many of you say you were surrounded by ragtards but some of you keep saying there are no ragtards in manchester ,its as bad as they lying 20000 empty seats at our temple. no wonder they call us obsessed

pmsl. great username btw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.