What got you supporting City?

stockportblue09 said:
tangaroa said:
blue underpants said:
I find that an endearing trait of a lot of city fans, rags to me are scum who have taken the easy option

Couldn't have put it better myself.

calling them scum mate for picking a team?well,i am really surprised how many of you say you were surrounded by ragtards but some of you keep saying there are no ragtards in manchester ,its as bad as they lying 20000 empty seats at our temple. no wonder they call us obsessed
I have a particular reason for calling them scum, being born and brought up in Salford you were surrounded by them every day, as a schoolkid you were bullied and harrased by them every day.
I dont just mean verbal, i was kicked , punched and generally had the shit kicked out of me mosy days at school because i wouldnt bow down to them, this continued at night in youth clubs which i had to stop going to in the end as it got that violent
The worst was when i left school and went to a derby at the swamp, after the game i was grabbed by three Salford scum, two held me while the other belted me in the mouth with a knuckleduster on knocking out my front teeth and giving me 9 stitches on my lips the purple scars i still have today.
In the end i had to leave Salford as i was becoming a marked man, i literally couldnt go anywhere, that is why i call them scum and have a hatred of them to this day even though im in my 50s now

blue underpants said:
Danny Hoekman said:
I would imagine 95% of us were just born into it, just following family tradition.
A lot of people as you say Danny were born into it, but having read what a lot of blues have posted on here including me its not unsurprising that a lot of people started supporting city out of being of a rebellious nature.
I find that an endearing trait of a lot of city fans, rags to me are scum who have taken the easy option

Don't forget us gloryhunters, we support for fake glory! Yay fake Glory!

Seriously though. Days after I was starting to like football I noticed all my friends were united gloryhunters so I decided to be a city Gloryhunter.

stockportblue09 said:
calling them scum mate for picking a team?well,i am really surprised how many of you say you were surrounded by ragtards but some of you keep saying there are no ragtards in manchester ,its as bad as they lying 20000 empty seats at our temple. no wonder they call us obsessed

You have us all fooled....brilliant undercover work there lad.

Glyn Pardoe.
Growing up,our garden and Glyns parents gardens
literally backed on to one another.First time I saw Glyn play was for England Schoolboys at Old Shitford (he was the centre forward in those days),as our school organised the buses to watch him.
When I was 13/14 my Dad asked Glyn if he could take me to Maine Road as a "one off".However,Glyn was very happy to take me quite often until I started to go by train from Northwich.
Growing up, whilst Glyn was playing centre forward for City then,was a delight for any schoolkid travelling to a match with your Clubs centre forward.Then we would meet up with Alan Oakes (Glyns cousin) and his best mate Mike Doyle in the City Car Park,before the game,was a joy to behold for any young fan.
48 years on and I`ve seen it all.Hope,despair,tears,thousands of miles,countless £`s spent,but wouldn`t have changed it for anything.

Can't put my finger on it.

Starting supporting City in 1974 even though I had been watching match of the day for a couple of years prior on LWT with Brian Moore without having a side.

Just got the bug one day even though none of my friends or family were remotely interested in English Football least of all Man City.

Was a passionate AFL supporter of Geelong and still am but City put my through more emotion now than Geelong do and I never would have thought that.

Have not missed listening /watching / surfing all things City since 74 , and never missed a single game , even had to make sure my wedding and other key moments didn't coincide with a City game.

City are my addiction.

blue underpants said:
stockportblue09 said:
tangaroa said:
Couldn't have put it better myself.

I have a particular reason for calling them scum, being born and brought up in Salford you were surrounded by them every day, as a schoolkid you were bullied and harrased by them every day.
I dont just mean verbal, i was kicked , punched and generally had the shit kicked out of me mosy days at school because i wouldnt bow down to them, this continued at night in youth clubs which i had to stop going to in the end as it got that violent
The worst was when i left school and went to a derby at the swamp, after the game i was grabbed by three Salford scum, two held me while the other belted me in the mouth with a knuckleduster on knocking out my front teeth and giving me 9 stitches on my lips the purple scars i still have today.
In the end i had to leave Salford as i was becoming a marked man, i literally couldnt go anywhere, that is why i call them scum and have a hatred of them to this day even though im in my 50s now

Probably just brought up in the wrong place mate ......

i'm in my 50's now too , but back in my primary and high school days , and even where i was raised in Bradford , Manchester , we were NEVER , at any stage , ever outnumbered by rags ...... nothing like it ..... in fact even in my teens in Hulme , with Old Trafford only up the road , MOST of my friends were City fans , and a number of them still go to games to this very day !

Mind you those days WERE pre-Fergie days !

Our kid's a big City fan , who has lived in Weaste and Eccles for many years , and has never seemingly had much trouble with rags.

proximity, friends and the fact that the only alternative was them and man ushited fans always seemed to be such horrible pikey twats

Dad who got me into supporting City as well as my younger brother. Living in Salford used to be bad in the dark days,but heaven now.

black mamba said:
blue underpants said:
stockportblue09 said:

Probably just brought up in the wrong place mate ......

i'm in my 50's now too , but back in my primary and high school days , and even where i was raised in Bradford , Manchester , we were NEVER , at any stage , ever outnumbered by rags ...... nothing like it ..... in fact even in my teens in Hulme , MOST of my friends were City fans !

Mind you those days WERE pre-Fergie days !

Our kid's a big City fan , who has lived in Weaste and Eccles for many years , and never seemingly had much trouble with rags.
I lived on Langworthy Rd Seedley, right next to Salford precinct so it was rag central, never been able to go shopping on there or go in any pub, most probably a bit of my own doing as i was getting known to the rags as a bit of a city tearaway knocking about with the Muirs, Bulldog, Daffy, Dicko, Paddy Oneill and the rest of the tasty little mob City were getting together in them days.
A lot of the Broughton Salford blues went through what i experienced but got their act together in the mid 70s and fought back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.