What got you supporting City?

My uncle took me Maine road in 95/96 season against Liverpool as you know we got relagated. Bad start for me especially in the rag infested town i live in but i wouldnt change one bit of it.<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:01 pm --<br /><br />My uncle took me Maine road in 95/96 season against Liverpool as you know we got relagated. Bad start for me especially in the rag infested town i live in but i wouldnt change one bit of it.

sergiokun said:
My dad, I had no choice. took me to Maine road as a kid and never looked back, after taking me Wembley in 99 that was it hooked for life…. Thanks dad

same but i didn't go to wembley, i moaned at him for it so he took me to blackburn promotion.

literally had no choice.

in the late 90's i was literally the only city in a class of 30, everyone else was a rag.

Moved to Bury from Yorkshire when I was 6 in 1974. At Brandlesholme County Primary School there were many Rags, who tried to persuade me to support United. In those days you used to be able to buy iron on transfers of club badges and I was given a United badge, which my mum ironed onto an Umbro training top, which she then made me wear much to my annoyance. I don't know what it was, but it just didn't feel right to a then 7 year old.

Thankfully my neighbours dad down the road, decided to get him and his son a City season ticket and I got invited to the odd first team game, as well as going to night matches and Saturday matches in The Central League. I was became a full time Blue in 1976 and got my first season ticket in 1977. Malcolm Hetherington (RIP), I will be forever in your debt!

Born down south to a Manc family. Didn't get a choice when it came to football. It was support City or find another family to live with!
So about 94 is when I started really watching football, so you can imagine my dismay at watching the team go from bad to shit in my first few following years.
Fucking hell I won the lottery in the long run though, some great times had in those lower shite divisions

My family on my dads side. I live in the midlands but my dad is from Rochdale and my mum is from London. I was just brought up a city fan from as long as I can remember.Near on all of my dads side are City but my great grandad was a red!! So so glad my grandad didnt follow in his fathers footsteps and also be a red.Could have been so much different*shudders*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.