What got you supporting City?

two pictures in the shoot christmas annual about 1967/68
the titile of first was " United they stand " ( Man Utd just about to take free kick against City)
the second was "devided they fall" ( United scored free kick)

its the wanting to be different and not many supporters in Norfolk either then or now

School team adopted City strip though
City used to use our school to train prior to playing Norwich in early sevenites

happy days

my dad was a jock and passionate partick thistle and city fan he met my irish mother in a pub in lower brougton salford and the 4 boys they begat are blues with a soft spot for the jags

SIMPLY THE BEST ....

e7o5fq.gif

In 1948 (I was eight) my brother took me to Maine Road and Frank Swift (Goal keeper) stayed in my mind. I Started going regular when I was 11/12 and Bert Trautman was my hero
I grew up in Bradford, Manchester (Now Eastlands) just behind the Queen Victoria (Now the Eastlands Bar)
Met my wife at a dance in Bradford Labour Club (Now MaryD's) where I got the No.53 football special bus to Maine Road
Me, my son and my grandson (15) are all have season cards

I figured out early doors if I wanted birthday/christmas presents off my dad it was the only way.

Never looked back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.