What happened with Rio? (merged)

Re: What happened with Rio?

lafitz2008 said:
MCFC BOB said:
I can't believe an act of violence is being condoned because the victim was a Manchester United player.

I guess it was okay for the Arsenal fans to attempt an attack on Adebayor when he ran the full length of the field and celebrated in front of them.

What did he think was going to happen the silly twat ?
I think it's upsetting that Ferdinand should expect to be hit by a coin for celebrating with his teammates.

JOGAMIGMOG said:
Feed-The-Goat said:
This explains why the fans of other clubs call us ***** when they used to love us. We all get tarred by the same brush over shit like this and the **** with the coin, the fat wanker kicking off and the total bellend Hart should have twatted who tried to get to Ferdinand are to blame.

Sometimes im embarrassed to be a blue as today has shown we are becoming what we hate the most, just like rags.

Knee-jerk gayness.
Doesn't matter what gestures a player makes, or where he makes them, you can't react like that.

For the record bob i thought adebayor was out of order and he deserved a slap.<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:34 pm --<br /><br />
MCFC BOB said:
lafitz2008 said:
MCFC BOB said:
I can't believe an act of violence is being condoned because the victim was a Manchester United player.

I guess it was okay for the Arsenal fans to attempt an attack on Adebayor when he ran the full length of the field and celebrated in front of them.

I think it's upsetting that Ferdinand should expect to be hit by a coin for celebrating with his teammates.

He was directly trying to wind the city fans up, he wasnt even looking at his team mates.

MCFC BOB said:
lafitz2008 said:
MCFC BOB said:

I'd never throw anything myself. If you do, you should know what the potential consequences are. Usually the people who are throwing stuff are going to be short of a few brain cells.

That being said, too many people on here are quick to take the morale high ground and criticise our own fans. It could happen everywhere; every club has their fair share of trouble causers following them. And, what are the United players, Phil Jones for example, thinking of when they celebrate like they did in front of the city fans. It's one of, if not THE most highly charged game of the season. Take into account what happened last season. Take into account the manner of the game and their victory and that it was a 92nd minute winner, or whatever, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

And actually, I'm not that bothered. What I don't want is City as a club getting negative press, which we could do without after a pretty dismal week on the pitch, so we don't need it compounded by getting abuse off it. But what do people expect, it's football fans in a highly charged hostile atmosphere, against our bitterest of rivals- they get a late winner and celebrate in front of our fans.

If they are allowed to do that, then what on earth do people expect. The fans to just sit there and take it. It doesn't work like that. It was always going to happen.

Getting onto the pitch was wrong. Throwing coins is wrong. Throwing coins just at the corner flag in the middle of a game is especially wrong. But when they incite a crowd like they did, I don't know what you, or they expect to happen. I am not condoning it, but it doesn't surprise me. As long as it wasn't you, so you're not receiving a ban why do you care. I wouldn't be stupid enough to do it, so I don't care. But in that environment, that atmosphere, and that moment, if people are stupid enough to do it then fine, so be it, get over it. I can half see why they lost themselves to do it.

Fanny Fart said:
I'm going to report Rooney to GMP for attempting to incite a riot with that slide at the corner flag.

I believe the police have to act if a complaint is made
this, and Jones and the dopey twunt.

Fucking ridiculous if they get away scot free with trying to provoke a riot.

Seosa said:
brenda said:
This will look good in Abu Dhabi USA and other places we are trying to improve our image. Radio talking about playing next game behind closed doors and points deduction. Well done to the dick heads!

Behind closed doors? Get a grip!
hahahahaha nothing like over reaction.

To sum it up... true old-school fans don't mind the odd Rag getting pelted with coins. We don't condone it but we don't mind it. Modern fans are a bunch of fags.

dancity19 said:
MCFC BOB said:
lafitz2008 said:
I'd never throw anything myself. If you do, you should know what the potential consequences are. Usually the people who are throwing stuff are going to be short of a few brain cells.

That being said, too many people on here are quick to take the morale high ground and criticise our own fans. It could happen everywhere; every club has their fair share of trouble causers following them. And, what are the United players, Phil Jones for example, thinking of when they celebrate like they did in front of the city fans. It's one of, if not THE most highly charged game of the season. Take into account what happened last season. Take into account the manner of the game and their victory and that it was a 92nd minute winner, or whatever, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

And actually, I'm not that bothered. What I don't want is City as a club getting negative press, which we could do without after a pretty dismal week on the pitch, so we don't need it compounded by getting abuse off it. But what do people expect, it's football fans in a highly charged hostile atmosphere, against our bitterest of rivals- they get a late winner and celebrate in front of our fans.

If they are allowed to do that, then what on earth do people expect. The fans to just sit there and take it. It doesn't work like that. It was always going to happen.

Getting onto the pitch was wrong. Throwing coins is wrong. Throwing coins just at the corner flag in the middle of a game is especially wrong. But when they incite a crowd like they did, I don't know what you, or they expect to happen. I am not condoning it, but it doesn't surprise me. As long as it wasn't you, so you're not receiving a ban why do you care. I wouldn't be stupid enough to do it, so I don't care. But in that environment, that atmosphere, and that moment, if people are stupid enough to do it then fine, so be it, get over it. I can half see why they lost themselves to do it.
Doesn't surprise me, and I think Rooney knew full well what he was doing and didn't really care. But the coin-throwers are nevertheless idiots who shouldn't be a football, and yes if they celebrate in front of the City fans you should take it

ban-mcfc said:
For the record bob i thought adebayor was out of order and he deserved a slap.

-- Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:34 pm --

MCFC BOB said:
lafitz2008 said:

He was directly trying to wind the city fans up, he wasnt even looking at his team mates.

Sure Rio wouldn't do that, not after making such a big thing about Mario celebrating on the half way line at the F.A cup semi...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.