What happened with Rio? (merged)

Re: Ferdinand

craig-bellamy_1567573c.jpg

cheddar404 said:
maccadon said:
I think enoughs been said about the incident so what i want ask is this.It looked like he was away to take off his shirt n he was already on a booking.if he had of done do you think he would have been sent off? also with remaining time n added for said sending off, could we of grabbed an equaliser?

Ifs and buts. If we'd scored 6 and they'd scored 1 do you think it would have finished 6-1?

yes

johnny crossan said:

Was just thinking about this exact incident only a moment ago! - All over the papers and in the press about cammel gob getting coined, yet no one has mentioned bellamy getting coined at their shit hole a few years ago!

maccadon said:
cheddar404 said:
maccadon said:
I think enoughs been said about the incident so what i want ask is this.It looked like he was away to take off his shirt n he was already on a booking.if he had of done do you think he would have been sent off? also with remaining time n added for said sending off, could we of grabbed an equaliser?

Ifs and buts. If we'd scored 6 and they'd scored 1 do you think it would have finished 6-1?

yes

I thought so. Many thanks for confirming my suspicions.

johnmc said:
He was lifting his shirt above his head - thats not a booking.

what about incitement then? if no coin was thrown n he pulled shirt above his head.is that not a action of incitement?

Bellamy was thrown with beer bottles. Also coins.

But City as a club apologised to Ferdinand and the fans that did the throws should be and will be punished end of story.

Did United apologise to Bellamy that time? Well if not that tell a lot about them an about City now.

End of story really.

(But players who provocate rival fans with celebrating ahead of them would deserve something from FA/PL. Many times this leads to reactions like this. This is true for everyone like Adebayor vs. Arsenal few years ago. Also when Rooney runs to City fans or Everton fans to kiss the badge...)

maccadon said:
johnmc said:
He was lifting his shirt above his head - thats not a booking.

what about incitement then? if no coin was thrown n he pulled shirt above his head.is that not a action of incitement?

Infront of his own fans?

Im not a fan of the incitement argument either. Players from both sides get a load from the stand. If they score and give a bit back then fans should be able to take that if they have been giving it out. Verbals yes, but to reach in your pocket, select a coin and lob it is not a knee jerk reaction, just a cowards thing to do.

If we had scored a last minute winner at the swamp Id expect our players to celebrate in a similar manner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.