What has been your worst moment following our club?

There have been far worse times but I was a child during that time. As a match going supporter there were two FA Cup quarter finals that we got knocked out of that left me really frustrated. They were both a huge deal to the fans and they represented an opportunity to get to a cup semi final for the 1st time in my lifetime. West Ham at home when Dean Ashton scored twice (2006) and Blackburn Rovers away (2007). Saw blues kicking off with blues after that game as the frustration boiled over.

To be where we are today is absolutely amazing. I look forward to every game I attend these days and limit myself to just 2 pre match pints because the football is that good. Only had my season ticket since 2004/05 season so the reality is that I've only really had to endure watching proper shite football for 2 or maybe 3 seasons. Even under Hughes (who I hated) it wasn't that bad.
I was thinking Blackburn away too.

As someone mentioned, I had forgotten about going to Brighton the week before the Luton game, we stayed over and were in high spirits after winning we had a good night in Brighton, all we needed was a draw the week after against Luton how could we fail, but we did, that was typical City. It was one hell of a rollercoaster of a ride, but am glad I stayed with it, the last ten years have made it all worthwhile.

Fans arguing and fighting amongst each other at York as well.
I was holding rizla papers while my mate put his er "tobacco" in it, then a little melee went off between some older vs younger blues.
The crowd parted for a few seconds putting me in full view of my hand wrapped around a poor excuse of a reefa
Don't remember fighting at York just being so down that we were mid-table in the old third division.

Seems so trivial now but I was 11 and we lost 0-3 at home to Liverpool in 1975-76 season - just couldn't understand us getting walloped so badly when we had a good team at that time. We only lost twice at home that season.

I think the worst moment was the UEFA ban.

It felt really bad for a couple of reasons:
1. If substantiated, then we’d been lied to by the heirachy, and I think that would be the end of my football interesting days. It was only the informed steady factual heads of some posters on here that kept the hope alive.

2. If Bollox, The sheer weight of hatred, vitriol and bile spilled by media and other teams supporters was like holding back a flood with only a tissue, and was depressing to see the complete bias, hypocrisy and corruption running through the game. It’s still hard to take now, and is only tempered by the incredible football we have to play, to get anything ( ie score goals and win matches) from them all.

Last edited:
It was similar at an FA Cup tie at Cardiff in early 1967. The City support were singing "Aberfan ha ha ha" and "No school today, the slagheap's on its way" (Herman's Hermits parody).

The strange thing was that some who were singing along with this were, four months earlier, collecting money in the City Social Club in aid of the Abarfan disaster.
I'm glad you've got the balls to say this. That horrible chant was regularly sang by opposing fans at Cardiff City games.
When MUFC when to Ninian Park in 1974 it provoked much trouble, with Cardiff fans (no angels themselves) hurling abuse back, about the 1958 air disaster...

I'm glad someone else feels the same; I remember it like it was yesterday - we were expected to win having Rodney, The King, Denis' Tueart and Law..............don't know what it is but it that team fills me with grief even though ' we regulated ' them in the 2011/2012 - it still doesn't make up for it. The only good thing
about it was it made me even more determined to support City - was only 14 at the time but heart
broken.................
It occurs to me that still mourning the loss of the League Cup final to Wolves would be like a City fan in 1974 still mourning the loss of the Cup Final to Bolton in 1926!

And if they were still alive, they’d still be sad. Football, what can you say!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.