What has been your worst moment following our club?

That many I've forgotten most of them. For the totally bizarre though it has to be standing next to Thaksin Shinawatra having a piss in the toilets in the south stand in 2012. Utterly surreal and typical City.

I hugged him whilst puffing a joint. In Thailand I would have been dead for that.

Last week actually. A group of youths came up to me and asked which team I supported. Naturally I replied City.

The started shouting 'Emptihad' and 'oil money' at me. It was awful, I tried to explain how successful we've been under Pep but they wouldn't listen. I will never forget their hateful words...

Being at Bradford City and several of our own fans shouting bad things about the Bradford City Fire at the home fans.
I lost my grandfather in the fire and am amazed that my dad didn't turn round and smack them. Fortunately a couple of others dealt with it.
It was similar at an FA Cup tie at Cardiff in early 1967. The City support were singing "Aberfan ha ha ha" and "No school today, the slagheap's on its way" (Herman's Hermits parody).

The strange thing was that some who were singing along with this were, four months earlier, collecting money in the City Social Club in aid of the Abarfan disaster.

United 0-5 only watching in a bar, Stoke relegation, Blackburn FA Cup and every single minute of that last half season under Pearce.
Watched the 0-5 in a pub in unsworth with my new girlfriend. At the start of the game it was mixed United and city. After full time there were only reds left. Some guy was gloating to me
at the bar and I lost my rag. He turned out to be a family friend of my new girlfriend. Embarrassing scene to be honest.

I remember as a 9 year old being heartbroken in 1974 when wolves beat us in the league cup final, me dad couldnt get us tickets,or so he said,probably a blessing in disguise for me at the time.
76 made up for it though

I remember as a 9 year old being heartbroken in 1974 when wolves beat us in the league cup final, me dad couldnt get us tickets,or so he said,probably a blessing in disguise for me at the time.
76 made up for it though
Same game chased by cockneys at Euston ran into a bollard leg came up like an egg. Attacked on the tube by cockneys again they were jumping City or Wolves all over. Lost a game we dominated and limped home with torn Keck's and a damaged knee. Two years later best day watching City win the league cup and witnessed cockney scrotes getting battered by Geordies.

Rooney's shin goal. I know there are moments that are worse than that, but for myself, it was a dagger in the heart.
It certainly was.
I was there that day,and can actually remember turning to mates saying,we are going do these,they are shit.
As I was finishing the sentence..Rooney scored.
It was fucking awful.i felt sick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.