What has been your worst moment following our club?

Last week actually. A group of youths came up to me and asked which team I supported. Naturally I replied City.

The started shouting 'Emptihad' and 'oil money' at me. It was awful, I tried to explain how successful we've been under Pep but they wouldn't listen. I will never forget their hateful words...
Bloody BBC reporters.

Definitely Luton for me, as relegation had not been in the vocabulary up until then, it was only something that had happened to the dark side. I remember I was playing cricket, a mate was in the same team and was also a blue, when we were having tea, the TV cut to that prat Pleat doing a fit-dance across the pitch, we just looked at each other in disbelief.

Watched the 0-5 in a pub in unsworth with my new girlfriend. At the start of the game it was mixed United and city. After full time there were only reds left. Some guy was gloating to me
at the bar and I lost my rag. He turned out to be a family friend of my new girlfriend. Embarrassing scene to be honest.
You married her though?
Or at least ...

Luton Town and relegation, absolutely devastating and a realisation how far the mighty had fallen.

For a single moment, VAR vs Tottenham a couple of years ago ranks pretty highly in the memorable ones I have nightmares about.

Started watching City in 85. I saw many dismal moments, but managed to always think positively that a great run of wins was always just around the corner. However, one time I lost it was under Pearce and we lost to West Ham in the F.A cup. I threw my programme and it hit some guy on the back of the head. The steward next to me grabbed my arm, I looked at him and said " not today mate I a fu$%&ng so angry" He let go, I said "sorry" and sat back down. I walked back to my car thinking I had never been as down watching City as that season, even relegation seasons!

Last week actually. A group of youths came up to me and asked which team I supported. Naturally I replied City.

The started shouting 'Emptihad' and 'oil money' at me. It was awful, I tried to explain how successful we've been under Pep but they wouldn't listen. I will never forget their hateful words...
Thoughts and prayers....

There have been far worse times but I was a child during that time. As a match going supporter there were two FA Cup quarter finals that we got knocked out of that left me really frustrated. They were both a huge deal to the fans and they represented an opportunity to get to a cup semi final for the 1st time in my lifetime. West Ham at home when Dean Ashton scored twice (2006) and Blackburn Rovers away (2007). Saw blues kicking off with blues after that game as the frustration boiled over.

To be where we are today is absolutely amazing. I look forward to every game I attend these days and limit myself to just 2 pre match pints because the football is that good. Only had my season ticket since 2004/05 season so the reality is that I've only really had to endure watching proper shite football for 2 or maybe 3 seasons. Even under Hughes (who I hated) it wasn't that bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.