What has been your worst moment following our club?

Blackburn fa cup game. Toxic disconnect bwhweeen fans and players. Only 11 years ago too. How things change.

Funnily enough the loss to the rags this year got to me even though I knew it wouldn’t matter in the long run.

There've been a few bad moments, but the worst I remember feeling was the FA Cup game against the rags in 95/96. It was my first visit to the swamp, and we were robbed. That lot kicked us off the park, and equalised through a decidedly dodgy penalty (a sign of things to come, I guess as City were on the receiving end of a penalty decision from a corner that could be given every single match, but has never been given since). I remember it taking me more than a week to get over it, I was so angry, but it was a game that was symptomatic of how the two teams were treated.

And in my mind, looking back, it was the moment it all started to unravel for City...

They say the opposite of love is not hate, but indifference. Given that, my lowest point would have been some time towards the end of Stuart Pearce’s last season.

It became a chore to go. It was so incredibly boring. The ground was flat, the team was flat, it was no longer even a laugh. It was about as fun and passionate as filing a tax return.

1974 league cup final Wolves were total underdogs but this was typical City and we lost 2-1 I have no shame in telling you this 9 year old boy was crying his heart out. The first time i felt the gut wrenching defeat in a major event My late grandfather came up to me and reassured me with " dont worry son we`ll be back next year" he was one year out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.