What if Mancini went to Chelsea or Everton?

MSP said:
pudge said:
MSP said:
I don't give a shit where he walked in, what I give a shot about is that you said that he proved he can work on tiny budget at Fiorentina and he actually failed to do that.
No, you said he left when the club refused to buy him the players he wished.

That was wrong, at least be man enough to admit it.

Yep, exactly that is what I have said, he wanted new players, club didn't buy them, results went to be pathetic, fiorentina ultras got on his arse and he run away.

But he apparently proved he can work without money there based on what you said.
Oh my God, the club had no money. He didn't moan about not being able to buy players or not getting the players he wanted, he actually couldn't buy players.

He left because the club were in an absolute mess, and was forced out by the fans because they were relegated, something that was inevitable given the circumstances.

MSP said:
He's proven he can at Fiorentina and Lazio.

He run away from Fiorentina after fans threatened to kick his ass for almost relegating them after surprise, surprise, he didn't get the players he wanted club to buy to him.
That is 100% wrong, as has been proven. Twice as a matter of fact.

Accept it and move one, no need for arrogance.

AustinBlue said:
I would wish Bobby well wherever he went.. and maybe at his next gig he can learn from his mistakes and bring the best of what he is. We had some success with him, but he was starting to hurt the club with his stubborn ways.. key players, the academy, scouting, even medical treatment were all less than they needed to be and all because of his stubborn power games against the rest of the organization. A fresh start is better for all.

I'm not his fan, neither personally or football wise but I wish him well too, of course.

Just don't buy fairy tales that he is top, top manager.. he is chequebook manager, decent in building teams if he is not short of money though the one he built at City is not perfectly balanced one.

His results and trophies so far are mainly result of managing teams that were pretty dominant in their respective leagues and he is yet to produce some "puff" managerial moment.

-- Tue May 14, 2013 3:59 am --

pudge said:
MSP said:
pudge said:
No, you said he left when the club refused to buy him the players he wished.

That was wrong, at least be man enough to admit it.

Yep, exactly that is what I have said, he wanted new players, club didn't buy them, results went to be pathetic, fiorentina ultras got on his arse and he run away.

But he apparently proved he can work without money there based on what you said.
Oh my God, the club had no money. He didn't moan about not being able to buy players or not getting the players he wanted, he actually couldn't buy players.

He left because the club were in an absolute mess, and was forced out by the fans because they were relegated, something that was inevitable given the circumstances.

Did he prove that he can produce results at tiny budget at Fiorentina as you initially said or he didn't?

Again, I don't give a shit about financial problems Fiorentina had at that time.

You said he proved himself there and I ask you to prove me that statement.

Simple as that.

No, he didn't.

Roberto Martinez proved he can work at tiny budget for ex. Mancini never did.

MSP said:
AustinBlue said:
I would wish Bobby well wherever he went.. and maybe at his next gig he can learn from his mistakes and bring the best of what he is. We had some success with him, but he was starting to hurt the club with his stubborn ways.. key players, the academy, scouting, even medical treatment were all less than they needed to be and all because of his stubborn power games against the rest of the organization. A fresh start is better for all.

I'm not his fan, neither personally or football wise but I wish him well too, of course.

Just don't buy fairy tales that he is top, top manager.. he is chequebook manager, decent in building teams if he is not short of money though the one he built at City is not perfectly balanced one.

His results and trophies so far are mainly result of managing teams that were pretty dominant in their respective leagues and he is yet to produce some "puff" managerial moment.

-- Tue May 14, 2013 3:59 am --

pudge said:
MSP said:

Did he prove that he can produce results at tiny budget at Fiorentina as you initially said or he didn't?

Again, I don't give a shit about financial problems Fiorentina had at that time.

You said he proved himself there and I ask you to prove me that statement.

Simple as that.

No, he didn't. Roberto Martinez proved he can work at tiny budget for ex. Mancini never did.
He won the Coppa Italia.

Also won it with Lazio and guided them to the Champions League whilst their players went unpaid.

You didn't state the above, you made a false claim that he "ran away" from Fiorentina because he didn't get his way.

That was wrong.

Wow, he won Coppa Italia, hail the king. The competition that big clubs in Italy were running away from in 90s and early 2000s like it's a swine flu, and almost deliberately dropping from in first round or two. Only in last few years, the big Italian clubs started to give it some importance again.

Despite being top European league and one of best performers in Champions League in those years Juventus won it 1989/90 and 1994-95, and next time one of big 3 of italian football won it in 2002/03 (Milan). It was like League Cup for them in that period, nobody from top gave a shit about it.

I'm not disputing or promoting the prominence of a trophy.

You said;
MSP said:

He run away from Fiorentina after fans threatened to kick his ass for almost relegating them after surprise, surprise, he didn't get the players he wanted club to buy to him.

I provided evidence and facts that prove that to be wrong.

Simple, no need to resort to arrogance or indeed ignorance.

He'd do well at Chelsea with their players and Abramovich's money. I'd be worried if he went there but I think they'll get Mourinho (unless we get him ? I doubt it though). I hope Mancini's next job is not in England because I would have to wish him bad luck and that would feel wrong.

I hope Everton's next manager is an abysmal failure. Whenever there's a BBC article on City there are always plenty of foaming-at-the-mouth Toffees spewing out vile, bitter, offensive opinions about City (check out the Mancini sacked article now). There's no way Mancini would ever go there, he's far too much of a human being for them and they haven't got the money anyway (and boy do they know it). I hope they get Cilla Black or Bill Kenwright has a go in order to save money. And I hope their stadium collapses and they can't afford to repair it.

pudge said:

You said;
MSP said:

Simple, no need to resort to arrogance.

No, you think that you provided facts, there's big difference in that and real facts.

<a class="postlink" href="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/2002/01/11/mancini_fiorentina/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer ... iorentina/</a>

Roberto Mancini resigned as coach of struggling Italian Serie A club Fiorentina on Friday, saying he feared for his family's safety after threats from supporters.

Mancini, in his first coaching position since ending his playing career, had been frustrated at the cash-strapped club's failure to bring in new signings to strengthen his squad.

Now, kindly piss off please.

MSP said:
pudge said:

You said;
MSP said:

Simple, no need to resort to arrogance.

No, you think that you provided facts, there's big difference in that and real facts.

<a class="postlink" href="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/2002/01/11/mancini_fiorentina/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer ... iorentina/</a>

Now, kindly piss off please.
That only serves to strengthen my claim, he was fiscally unable to buy players. That would lead any manager to be frustrated BUT that is not why he left; because "he didn't get the players he wanted club to buy to him."

In fact, in that piece you have contributed it even states;

"The fear of creating problems for my wife and my three children has led me to believe that my work at Florence cannot continue."

Also, you addressed me, even after multiple occasions on which you said you didn't wish to any more. I don't need to "piss off"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.