What if we just went with Delap, Jesus, and Torres?

Why not? Talented, ruthless and gives a lot of assists. Reminds me of a younger Kane.

Kane was never that good at Delap's age. I'm all for Delap being given a chance for no more reason than I'm sick of City doing this perennial mating dance every summer as we try and fail to get supposedly wonderful players to join our fold when they are probably no better that what we have already. It really is the epitome of grass greener fallacy.

Kane was never that good at Delap's age. I'm all for Delap being given a chance for no more reason than I'm sick of City doing this perennial mating dance every summer as we try and fail to get supposedly wonderful players to join our fold when they are probably no better that what we have already. It really is the epitome of grass greener fallacy.
That particular dance must have passed me by. Which year (or every year) have we tried, and failed, to woo these players?

Would love Delap to be ready and he could become very, very good. However, in his few first team moments my three takeaways were that one, he can finish. Two, he's ready physically. Three, his first touch isn't good enough yet - the ball tended to bounce of him.

From what I gather there could also be issues with retaliation etc possibly.

It would be good if he developed away from City and came back closer to ready. Kane wasn't great at his age and Delap may only need 1 season on loan hopefully before being integrated to the first team.

That particular dance must have passed me by. Which year (or every year) have we tried, and failed, to woo these players?
Err? How about Messi? How about Sanchez? How about Hazard? How about Van Persie? How about Rooney even? That's just 5 in a split second that we spent literally months trying to convince to come but never did and in the meantime we have pissed off young players likes Sancho who left due to his perceived lack of opportunity.

Err? How about Messi? How about Sanchez? How about Hazard? How about Van Persie? How about Rooney even? That's just 5 in a split second that we spent literally months trying to convince to come but never did and in the meantime we have pissed off young players likes Sancho who left due to his perceived lack of opportunity.
If you believe, really genuinely believe, that we chased them then youre smoking crack

No, others are strengthening and you need new blood to keep current players on their toes.

There were signs of complacency last season, lets not forget we only had 6 great months.

If not for that truly remarkable turnaround in form, Txiki and co would probably be busy revamping the squad right now like PSG.
A lot of what you are saying is true. However, a lot of guys that we wanted rid of were the likes of Stones Zinchenko , Gundogan who all ended up with a great season. The ones who were the supposed top dogs like Laporte, Bernardo and Aguero had only a so-so season.
It is very hard to improve on our team.Obviously the top players in the world will, the Mbappes, Lewandowski, Kanes and Haalands.
Any top premier league rival can buy at most 2 top players.
If Haaland stays where he is I am confident we can perform similarly to last year and win a few trophies with little investment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.