what is going on with people my age!?

Haha erm all this bollox about everything nowadays being manufactured shite.

The Sex Pistols and most punk bands was utter manufactured shite selling records based solely on image without hardly any musical talent.

There's plenty of great modern music out there, you just have to widen your horizons.

While I'm all for respecting the great artists of the past, don't listen to the older genration that tell you everything has gone to shit cos they'll always say that.

i went to kanye wests concert and it was sick! Btw i have never heard of stone roses, are they a knock of guns n roses?

Laurent Charvet said:
... Christ... some very poor music choices on here.
Next you'll be telling me JLS are shit?

They are lol

Mott The Hoople >>>>>>>> JLS

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBcDEmNDYW8[/youtube]

David Bowie (ziggy Stardust) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JLS

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz0XIiIlATE[/youtube]

Queen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JLS

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pMM4iwC-ag&ob=av2n[/youtube]

And there are many more much better than JLS

Not
Into stone roses

Dnd mind abit of early kanye west or jay z not really into the new stuff prefer abit of rizzle kicks , wretch 32 etc

It's not the same.
There was a time when you or your mate got a new record & everybody piled into the relevant house to hear the latest (well, the latest to us) from, I don't know.. Bob Marley or The Clash or jesus, even the soundtrack to f**kin' Grease, one particular day, as I recall...
It was a communal thing. It didn't matter if you liked the music in question, it was only all about being with your mates; spotting their sisters and pretending to be into f**kin' Spandau Ballet, if that's what it took to cop a feel through a duffel coat.
Now, I see my eldest... He loves music, too. Not a day goes by that he's not watching MTV in his bedroom; downloading tracks to his MP3 player, emailing links to his pals etc, etc.

I dunno. Good luck to the kids of today. They're entitled to enjoy it any way they want, I suppose.
It's just not the same, that's all I'm saying. It's not the same.

im an 80's kid but i still listened to the beatles, kinks, amimals doors, mowtown, bowie etc.. plus hundreds more, the big problem nowadays even though we have many music channels if you dont like rap and american r&b(remember when r&b was rythm and blues) your stuffed.

if you went through the music channnels 90% is rap or r&b, even Q iwhich was for indie bands is starting with rap and urban music.

this weeks brits was depresssing in the extreme, the whole thing needs a shake up, good music is now like an underground movement

No offence but youre no better than them!

You seem to have a bit of a superiority complex when it comes to music which is completely the wrong attitude to have.

Seeing Jay-Z at glasto and also seeing him with Linkin Park in MK was amazing and i dont really like Jay-Z that much!

Widen your scope rather than turning your nose up at something just because its cool to like them

Daveth said:

You seem to have a bit of a superiority complex when it comes to music which is completely the wrong attitude to have.

Seeing Jay-Z at glasto and also seeing him with Linkin Park in MK was amazing and i dont really like Jay-Z that much!

Widen your scope rather than turning your nose up at something just because its cool to like them

every genre of music can be good if done well but at the moment the balance is too much towards american mainstream, it pains me when my lad raves about a rap song which has been sampled from another artist and he believes its the rap artists own work

and although rhianna,beyonce and lady gaga may be good performers there is nothing more souless than this r&b shit, wobble your arse to the beat and some sad fucker will lap it up

Daveth said:

i know who jay z and kanye west are.

they didn't know who the stone roses were.

so there for i am better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.