What is Manchester to you?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by urban genie, 28 Jun 2017.

1. vonkeynotvenky

vonkeynotvenky

Born in Saint Marys hospital is as Manc as it gets and that's what I am, Mancunian English and lastly British.

sheikmedick likes this.
  2. Tanzeylee

Tanzeylee

That's fair enough didn't know that about its postcode, it's the same with Langley M postcode, 0161 phones but council tax to Rochdale tho it used to be to Manchester

3. peoffrey

peoffrey

I'm from a family of Cardiff fans yet am a Seasoncard holder at City. I went to my first big match at Maine Road to accompany a friend and became hooked. We beat Blackpool 3-0 in August 1998.

Do I hate the English? No. I live here, have English friends, support an English club and have dated English girls. Would I like to be in Wales again one day? Yes. I'd also like a nice soft Welsh accent purring in my ear from a saucy lady. If anything, I pity those who feel unable to be proud of their country. Mancunian friends I do have tend to have more interest in their Irish or Scottish origin than being English.

You'll get Welsh Liverpool fans easy. There's a connection with Ian Rush alongside loads of Scousers living around Wrexham and beyond. They've migrated out.

4. The Blue

The Blue

I class myself primarily as Salfordian, but i live 4 miles away from Manchester City centre and identify with the culture and the city itself just as much.

5. St Marys

You decide

Stoned Rose likes this.
  6. Manc in London

Manc in London

Irlam, Cadishead etc., have a Manchester postcode but they are in Salford. That's a fact.

I guess you also think Old Trafford is in Manchester.

7. excellent point.......A Manchester post code does not mean you are in Manchester

8. Manc in London

Manc in London

I have always thought this postal district nonesense of 'M postal district = Manchester' started with United fans. Of course, the main United supporting areas around Greater Manchester (including Salford) have M postal districts but are not in the City of Manchester, while a large proportion of the City fanbase is in the south and east (I.e. SK postal districts).

9. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Lower Crumpsall and "Lower' Blackey. Yer can't get more Manc than that! Boggart Hole Clough and the River Irk! I've been a Littleborovian by residence since 77!

10. dunjamon

dunjamon

Born in St Mary's, spent most of youth on Hattersley (outside of Manchester) but now in Ancoats so Manc