what medication are you on?

blue81 said:
Am I the only one who finds this whole thread really depressing/worrying (maybe I should go to the doctor and he'll prescribe me something).

I am fairly shocked that I am in the minority in not taking anything for anxiety, depression, sleeping etc. Do you think we're generally a pretty unhappy bunch these days or do you think doctors give out these things will nilly?

You could always ask the doctor to refer you to a plastic surgeon to stop you looking like a ****.

stony said:
blue81 said:
Am I the only one who finds this whole thread really depressing/worrying (maybe I should go to the doctor and he'll prescribe me something).

I am fairly shocked that I am in the minority in not taking anything for anxiety, depression, sleeping etc. Do you think we're generally a pretty unhappy bunch these days or do you think doctors give out these things will nilly?

You could always ask the doctor to refer you to a plastic surgeon to stop you looking like a ****.

No need for the stony, I was simply asking a question.

blue81 said:

You're not in the minority though are you. Obviously you're in the minority in a thread about what medication you take, if you don't take any you noddy, but clearly over 50% of the population aren't on meds.

I use a coal tar shampoo and should really go and get some proper treatment for the psoriasis not on my scalp.

1) Levemir Flexpen insulin solution

2) Novorapid insulin solution

3) Sitagliptin/Metformin Hydrochloride

4) Bendroflumethiazide

5) Ramipril

6) Astorvastatin (Lipitor)

Diabetic....

Of all the meds I take:

Lithium -mood stabilizer
Quetiepine -anti-depressant
Mirtazapine -anti-depressant
Venlafaxine -anti-depressant
Zopiclone -sleeping tablet
Diazepam -anti-anxiety
Pregabalin -anti-anxiety

Venlafaxine; Zopiclone and Diazapam were prescribed by my gp. The rest were prescribed by a psychiatrist.

Most drugs in this category (mental health) have a pretty low success rate ie 50% so its common to see patients on a real handful of pills. Unsuccessful pills are left in the mix incase they augment well with newer pills. The problem with that method id the side effects can build up dramatically and the cost to the taxpayer is huge. Pregabalin costs about £3k a year for me!

blue81 said:

We don't take them for fun

bobmcfc said:
blue81 said:

We don't take them for fun

Some of us do, Bob.

bananamilksheikh said:
I take:

Lithium -mood stabilizer
Quetiepine -anti-depressant
Mirtazapine -anti-depressant
Venlafaxine -anti-depressant
Zopiclone -sleeping tablet
Diazepam -anti-anxiety
Pregabalin -anti-anxiety

so yes I rattle around quite a bit

That sound's like a great weekend. I take Ritalin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.